The 2017 Freeride E-XC has offically arrived

Hey Everyone, 

I just wanted to let you know that the 2017 Freeride E-XC has officially arrived at Elite Motorsports! I was able to do a quick test ride after setting one up and it is really cool! 

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to get one. We have a limited supply still available.

Scott 

Elite Motorsports

970-461-1022

scott@elitektm.com

IMG_4713.JPG

• Like 1

108kg - up to 1 hour of riding - pretty piss poor

plus the battery weighs 28kg - so not like you could carry a spare in your camelbak

Not really, KTM sacrificed run time for weight vs Alta.  I bought one and can say they are legit.  The advantages of silent riding and lack of maintenance is well worth having to recharge after an hour of riding.

I just got one. It's amazing the negativity of folks online. Sooo many pretending to be Dakar riders with the skills of Tomac...Come on guys!! 

Don't take it up that looong trail ride yet. It's different. Hear me out.

My Jacka$$ buddy drains the battery in less than an hour. I get 1,5+ each time. About 15 miles. And that's some trails, some laps on an easy mx track, some trials and potting around.

I am not a racer. I am just having fun. Sliding around. Balancing. Climbing...GRASSROOTS FUN. We had a party with elderly, toddlers, kids... etc... pool, bounce house, food... guess what? Some of us took turns on the freeride doing moto stuff behind the pool house, around the barn, in the vines... sneaking between the guests, kids on tricycle and elderly. Secretly Speeding in the driveway...Absolutely NO WAY we could do that on a thumper or smoker, even if idling around. No one gives you the bad look. You can trick people into thinking it only goes that slow. No one is bothered ( unless you ride like a d..) The freeride has the civility of a bicycle. Yet it's a real motorcycle. Yup. Yet You can burn the rear tire anytime, the torque is there.

Don't underestimate it, some folks looped it out. It's a legit dirt bike. It's still very controllable and we had some non-moto beginners having a blast on it. No clutch, brakes like MTB...easy and smooth mode 1 ...

Riding is believing it. It is FUN FUN FUN.

it carves like a 125/250 smoker. You never stall. The torque is really something special.

sure, it's substancial $$$. Remember the days you would buy a phone for under $100? Yet it has become normal to get a smartphone in the $500-700 range now?

retail of the freeride should be in the $15k. It's 11k euros. So, at this pilot program price... DEAL!

battery wise, hey look... there's alta and zero if you really can't have fun unless it's more than an hour. I like the KTM because it's light and simple.

it's not replacing dirt bikes. It's a complement. A new toy. Sure, it takes some adjustments. Trails and playgrounds within the vicinity of the staging area or 220V outlet ... 

the battery has never died completely on us. We don't want to find out the hard way. Power doesn't cut off, it just diminishes and with red blinking lights it can still limp home. Won't climb steep hills or wheelie, but limps home.

just like Tesla & others... I am just betting there will be newer batteries. Lighter and more capacity.

sure, we can wait... but I already pulled the trigger... and am having a blast!

(my other bikes: KTM 300, 1993 CR250, 1985 CR80... sold my restored CR500 to a museum)

You need a couple of these & a few Osets for the kids :)

I really recommend it for those who can afford it. It was build by dedicated people over several years of R&D and you can tell the work put in when you ride it.  So glad KTM brought it in.

IMG_7779.JPG

Edited by Mofomotojoe
  • Like 3

Thanks for the update Mofomotojoe! Your experience is par for the course with everyone that has actually ridden the Freeride. Everyone that has received the bike from us is absolutely in love with it so far. I had the chance to ride it off road for a bit the other day and was very impressed with the performance.

Correct! It's a legit dirt bike with amazing speed and acceleration.  Build quality is typical of KTM!

1 hour ago, wwetmor said:

Build quality is typical of KTM!

So is that good or bad ?   :p

• Like 3

Well my 500 exc was top notch so, I'd think it's a good thing.

So I've never been to Carnegie SVRA.

I took the freeride for a spin. Sooo much fun! Both videos in mode 2 ( medium)

Now everyone, please email our state parks to provide 220V outlets 👍

It was hot...110F!  One hour charge could do me good between rides! 

Edited by Mofomotojoe

One hour fast charge, normal 90 minutes for a completely depleted battery. So far very consistent. Ktm claims it costs you € 0.7 per charge. A dollar? To be verified I don't know the rates here.

Edited by Mofomotojoe

Hate to sound like a salesman...

But the gopro picks up too much. It does sound better in real life. I too didn't like the sound of it on youtube. You will need to experience it in real life someday.

Every bloke I let try my bike comes back with a big smile :)

hahaha :D 

Again... in real life it doesn't sound as bad.

As our passion is facing great environmental concerns, with more and more riding areas being closed because of noise pollution and irresponsible behaviors, I am ok to sacrifice the " cool sound " so I can keep riding in open spaces nearby.

Don't knock it 'till you try it. Cheers

Edited by Mofomotojoe
  • Like 1

Had one to test for a couple of days in SoCal. Ran a little practice turn track and had a blast. It was a private area and just sat around and visited and worked on the house while it charged. Great fun. I see one in my future for sure.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, Mofomotojoe said:

I just got one. It's amazing the negativity of folks online. Sooo many pretending to be Dakar riders with the skills of Tomac...Come on guys!! 

Don't take it up that looong trail ride yet. It's different. Hear me out.

My Jacka$$ buddy drains the battery in less than an hour. I get 1,5+ each time. About 15 miles. And that's some trails, some laps on an easy mx track, some trials and potting around.

I am not a racer. I am just having fun. Sliding around. Balancing. Climbing...GRASSROOTS FUN. We had a party with elderly, toddlers, kids... etc... pool, bounce house, food... guess what? Some of us took turns on the freeride doing moto stuff behind the pool house, around the barn, in the vines... sneaking between the guests, kids on tricycle and elderly. Secretly Speeding in the driveway...Absolutely NO WAY we could do that on a thumper or smoker, even if idling around. No one gives you the bad look. You can trick people into thinking it only goes that slow. No one is bothered ( unless you ride like a d..) The freeride has the civility of a bicycle. Yet it's a real motorcycle. Yup. Yet You can burn the rear tire anytime, the torque is there.

Don't underestimate it, some folks looped it out. It's a legit dirt bike. It's still very controllable and we had some non-moto beginners having a blast on it. No clutch, brakes like MTB...easy and smooth mode 1 ...

Riding is believing it. It is FUN FUN FUN.

it carves like a 125/250 smoker. You never stall. The torque is really something special.

sure, it's substancial $$$. Remember the days you would buy a phone for under $100? Yet it has become normal to get a smartphone in the $500-700 range now?

retail of the freeride should be in the $15k. It's 11k euros. So, at this pilot program price... DEAL!

battery wise, hey look... there's alta and zero if you really can't have fun unless it's more than an hour. I like the KTM because it's light and simple.

it's not replacing dirt bikes. It's a complement. A new toy. Sure, it takes some adjustments. Trails and playgrounds within the vicinity of the staging area or 220V outlet ... 

the battery has never died completely on us. We don't want to find out the hard way. Power doesn't cut off, it just diminishes and with red blinking lights it can still limp home. Won't climb steep hills or wheelie, but limps home.

just like Tesla & others... I am just betting there will be newer batteries. Lighter and more capacity.

sure, we can wait... but I already pulled the trigger... and am having a blast!

(my other bikes: KTM 300, 1993 CR250, 1985 CR80... sold my restored CR500 to a museum)

I really recommend it for those who can afford it. It was build by dedicated people over several years of R&D and you can tell the work put in when you ride it.  So glad KTM brought it in.

IMG_7779.JPG

Is that Carnegie or Prairie City? That pic looks a lot like Prairie City. I'd love to get a Alta or KTM E-ride, but it's just too expensive at this point. In the future when they start hitting the used market maybe.

On 31/08/2017 at 11:00 PM, Mofomotojoe said:

I'm getting an Oset for my sons to share.

Right now they have a Razor MX-350 which they ride.

The e-xc is great for riding around with the kids while they ride around. The bike stays cool (no hot exhaust to accidentally touch) and quiet, I talk with them as we ride. We have a lot more opportunity to ride too.

I've made mine street legal too.

e-xc.png

• Like 3