2015 DRZ 400S ugly?

Just out of curiosity does anyone on here have a 15 drz400s and think to themselves.. wow this color scheme is extremely hideous. Ive been wanting to get a plastic kit however the fact that the tank has the sticker underneath the clear coat has steered me away. Been wondering if a black acerbis kit would look good with the stock emblem still on the gas tank. Any thoughts?

Just buy an after market tank, you will have better fuel capacity and better look...

Are there any good plastic kits? I've only been able to find Acerbis stuff, which only comes in two colors.

2 minutes ago, nirdv55 said:

Just buy an after market tank, you will have better fuel capacity and better look..

If you get a clear one, you can also tell how much fuel is left.

yeah that 'primer grey' wasnt the best color scheme they came out with for sure .. ok, thoughts ... what i would personally do is decide what color scheme i wanted, i would keep the factory stickers on the tank and shrouds and carefully tape them off and prepare the parts for paint, get the appropriate paint from colorite and use their spray can system, i'd buy 1 can of color and two of clear .. you'll need some good wet sandpaper in 1000 grit, and i'd spritz that bad boy into something grandma would be proud of .. it needs to be applied right though, but it will turn out as good as factory if it is, i matched a fairing on my cruiser using the stuff ... anyway, the side covers in white can stay .. that leaves just dealing with the headlight shroud and fenders which would be affordable .. it would be a couple hundred yeah .. but better than a cheapo plastic kit and 'whammo' sticker set for sure ..

UFO makes nice body panels. And relatively inexpensive, too.

Check with Wheeling Cycle Supply.

I have "cheap" r tec plastics on my S model. Fit and durability is fantastic. Didnt come with the dzus fasteners for the airbox cover but they swap over easily enough. Plasti dipped my tank and spray painted my headlight shroud, though the shroud is flaking pretty bad after a year and the plastidip is stained from sweaty jeans. A proper job of both should turn out fine, i half assed mine cause i was planning on getting the tank painted and a white shroud.
JPEG_20170714_174447.jpg

6 hours ago, cowpie said:

yeah that 'primer grey' wasnt the best color scheme they came out with for sure .. ok, thoughts ... what i would personally do is decide what color scheme i wanted, i would keep the factory stickers on the tank and shrouds and carefully tape them off and prepare the parts for paint, get the appropriate paint from colorite and use their spray can system, i'd buy 1 can of color and two of clear .. you'll need some good wet sandpaper in 1000 grit, and i'd spritz that bad boy into something grandma would be proud of .. it needs to be applied right though, but it will turn out as good as factory if it is, i matched a fairing on my cruiser using the stuff ... anyway, the side covers in white can stay .. that leaves just dealing with the headlight shroud and fenders which would be affordable .. it would be a couple hundred yeah .. but better than a cheapo plastic kit and 'whammo' sticker set for sure ..

Yea man... you don't know me. I still have trouble coloring in the lines.

3 hours ago, ptgarcia said:

Check with Wheeling Cycle Supply.

Thanks for the tip. Looks like its got a bit of everything.

3 hours ago, Ksanete said:

I have "cheap" r tec plastics on my S model. Fit and durability is fantastic. Didnt come with the dzus fasteners for the airbox cover but they swap over easily enough. Plasti dipped my tank and spray painted my headlight shroud, though the shroud is flaking pretty bad after a year and the plastidip is stained from sweaty jeans. A proper job of both should turn out fine, i half assed mine cause i was planning on getting the tank painted and a white shroud.
JPEG_20170714_174447.jpg

Looks good. I want to try and get a larger clear tank. I'm tired of stalling out.