Idles and quits happened out of the blue

Tonight was the first time I got out on the bike in 3-4 weeks was running great for about a half hour and it started to bog. I figured I was out of fuel switched to reserve same thing. Got it going on prime and turned fuel back on. Would idle touch the throttle and it quit. Started it and turned the idle waaaaaay up so I could like the clutch out and ride about 2 miles at idle to get cell service. The vacume line is good. So picked up dirt or more drastic do you think? I won't be able to pull the carb until the weekend. Never had a issue before stock carb with dyno jet kit 2016 3000km on it

Sent from my SM-G950W using ThumperTalk mobile app

My vent hose at the cap was plugged once. Sounds kinda the same

Sent from my SM-G900V using ThumperTalk mobile app

Yes, when it's plugged, it creates vacumn in the tank and won't let much fuel out

Yes, when it's plugged, it creates vacumn in the tank and won't let much fuel out

There's a locking cap on mine don't think there is a vent in it

There's a locking cap on mine don't think there is a vent in it

Those will still have venting.
But... How does the vending design look? Less likely to plug?

Try removing the gas cap and see if it clears it up. It does sound like fuel starvation to me.

The vent on the tanks with locking cap runs under the tank near the front of the seat. If you had the tank off recently its possible you pinched it when reinstalling. 

Edited by ptgarcia

Does the oil smell like gas?

Sent from my SM-G930V using ThumperTalk mobile app

That would be the opposite , needing to be throttled way up to run and shut down at idle , then hard to start without holding throttle wot.

It seems more of the main jet issue , as soon as the needle is lifted it shuts down , whether it's unscrewed and laying at the bottom of the bowl or plugged don't know .

That would be the opposite , needing to be throttled way up to run and shut down at idle , then hard to start without holding throttle wot.
It seems more of the main jet issue , as soon as the needle is lifted it shuts down , whether it's unscrewed and laying at the bottom of the bowl or plugged don't know .

I would say you are correct everything is good outside of the carb just happened set a wheelie down made the turn and figured I ran out of fuel it starts and idles normal and by 1/8 throttle it dies pull the carb tonight

Just took the carb apart and everything let go on top of the needle clip some how. Back together and back in action!

That would do it also , it can't run on the main jet if the needle is plugging it :thumbsup:

Time to clean the carb.      Check over your hoses and filter by all means,  but it's most likely some crud built up in one of the jets.     I started just pulling the damn thing off once a year and cleaning it whether it's running great or not.   Saves me a lot of problems over the summer.    

Make sure the circlip has tension or it will happen again.

My bike did the same thing after sitting for a year or maybe more. I did turn the idle down though from factory. Mine used to stall just trying to hold idle. Just pulling the clutch in would kill it quite frequently and it would die when I get on the gas. The more I rode it, a little italian tune up and such it go better. I cranked the fuel enrichment screw way in and it idles fine now. Now I have no idea where the idle is but its running alright. A month isn't really that long though in your case for that to make any sense. Maybe I have another problem. My crankcase vent box was cracked and I replaced that but don't think that really changed anything other then sealing the system up to work properly.