Does certain parts make a big difference

14 minutes ago, William1 said:

No, spend the money one proper servicing like rebuilding suspension, greasing bearings, fresh rings, ext.

Agree!

As already stated it won't make much of a difference.   A new set of tires or topend would make a big difference in performance...   

Cylinder porting and STIC metering block are the only power mods I've ever done that actually make a noticeable difference.

JJ, your joking with us right? If bling gives you a chubby and that makes you ride better then bling it out. No joke.
For power you start with a corrected head and jetting. Then pipe and reeds. If the motor feels ok then fresh suspension is awesome. As are new tires, grips and good foot pegs and boots.

I think the best way to get more performance out of your bike is a two part plan;1. Lose 10-15 lbs., or more IF you are over-weight.. If you are not over-weight, just move on to-2: Take some riding lessons from a pro.   These two things I feel will get you FASTER than anything mechanical you can do on your bike. Your bike in stock form most likely has more power than you can safely use UNLESS you are a pro already. I know it's cool to have more power than you need.. but what's the point if you can't use all the power the stock bike already produces?

I'm in the same boat as you though.. I've done pretty much every mod you can think of so far to get more power out of my bike and I can't even use all of the power the bike made when it was stock..

• Like 1

On 14/08/2017 at 9:35 AM, Kawabuggy said:

I'm in the same boat as you though.. I've done pretty much every mod you can think of so far to get more power out of my bike and I can't even use all of the power the bike made when it was stock.

LOL. Power is fun but I think it was Shane Watts who said something like ... "I'd much rather ride a slow bike fast, than ride slow on a fast bike".  Thinking about momentum, line choice, price of making errors, etc.  Same reason why so many people are getting into 125/150 racing now. Just great racing.  Way safer too since the wrecks don't end nearly as bad.  450s are ok for pros, but for Joe Average they don't make much sense in my opinion. 

A lot of riders don't even get the most out of the stock bike platforms. I don't mean with riding technique. I mean setting up a stock bike suspension and chassis to work for them. Basics like spring rates, sag, fork height, clickers, gearing, tires, bars, controls and grips. All up those things make a massive difference - even to a new stock bike. While something like a water pump cover for a bike that doesn't overheat is a joke.

Edited by numroe