clapped out 13 yz125 worth 1500?

I currently have 05 yz that I just dumped a ton of cash into. I was searching for a set of 06+ forks and I found a titled 13 yz125, the guy say it runs like shit,has a cracked case, needs chain, sprockets and probably a bunch of other shit. My plan was to swap my motor and all the other new parts over to it since my bike doesn't have a title. Is it worth 1500 and a 6 hour round trip?

$1,000 bike tops. I bet the spokes are seized, all bearings and bushings shot. You'd have to rebuild the suspension completely and perhaps the wheels as well, assuming the frame is not tweaked. Sadly, I see this sort of bike often, a kid's parent buy him a nice bike and they are run into the ground with zero servicing.

Arround here that bike in that condition would come in a couple of boxes and be "mostly there". If the title is important to you all you really want is the frame any way. The money is "sure". The six hour drive? Only you can answer that one.  

Knock whatever a 6 hour drive is worth to you off the price and tell him that's the most you're willing to pay.  Don't tell him how far you are driving though.

Reclaim those 6 hours and put them back into your bike instead. There's gotta be a frame and fork on eBay for less than 1500$. 

8 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Reclaim those 6 hours and put them back into your bike instead. There's gotta be a frame and fork on eBay for less than 1500$. 

You'd be surprised what SSS and a aluminum YZ125 frame can fetch. For 1500 he could build the 2 into 1 and have a nice supply of parts, makes since to me and that price is very reasonable OR sell all the left over parts on ebay and likely come out ahead. Just a rolling chassis will fetch 1k quickly.

ps welding cases is no big deal. 

Edited by TommyB 754
On 8/10/2017 at 8:01 AM, demerson said:

I currently have 05 yz that I just dumped a ton of cash into. I was searching for a set of 06+ forks and I found a titled 13 yz125, the guy say it runs like shit,has a cracked case, needs chain, sprockets and probably a bunch of other shit. My plan was to swap my motor and all the other new parts over to it since my bike doesn't have a title. Is it worth 1500 and a 6 hour round trip?

In Ohio it is all day if you do your own work. That would be a 4k bike around here or at least they ask it. I'd jump on it with open arms!

Thanks for the reply, I got him down to 1100 so I think I'm gonna go get it. At that price I think I can swap out the frame and suspension and still be able to get most of my money back parting out the rest of the bike with my old frame and suspension

Sent from my SM-G930V using ThumperTalk mobile app

Did ya wind up getting it OP?