Told dealer to order me an 18 390rr-s this morning

I called my dealer this morning and told him to order me a 2018 390rr-s when they were able to.

Not sure if the 18's are even in the US yet but I'm now on the list.

Edited by Guest

I called my dealer this morning and told him to order me a 2018 390rr-s when they were ale to.
Not sure if the 18's are even in the US yet but I'm now on the list.

A very smart decision on your part ?. The 390 seems to be gaining a lot of popularity around here. If I was to go 4 stroke that would be the one.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Very nice.  I sure love mine! 

What bike are you completely off of?  

The bike that this one will be replacing is my 15 350rr. It is plated but I just use it for trail riding mostly. 

I'm keeping the 350rr and lowering it so my wife can ride it. She has a dr200 and I think she will really like the 350 as her dual sport bike. 2" Beta suspention lowering kit and a Seat Concepts low seat will put it at the same seat height as her dr200.

This 390 will be my dirtbike. I'm sure I will do some dual sport riding on the 390 too.

In an odd way, she would probably like the 390 better than the 350 (I am making the assumption here that your wife is not bouncing off the rev limiter on the DR, I may be wrong). The 390 motor will easily take a higher gear with a little clutch slip if/when needed.

That aside, congrats on 390, it is the most under rated of the Beta 4t. Glad to see more and more riders buying them. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, matgaz said:

In an odd way, she would probably like the 390 better than the 350 (I am making the assumption here that your wife is not bouncing off the rev limiter on the DR, I may be wrong). The 390 motor will easily take a higher gear with a little clutch slip if/when needed.

That aside, congrats on 390, it is the most under rated of the Beta 4t. Glad to see more and more riders buying them. 

I'm sure she would :)   but I get the new bike.

I think I've read every review out there on the 390 and it looks like it may be the perfect bike for me. I'm just not a 2 stroke guy, period and now that I'm old enough to receive social security I really don't need a 450 but don't care for the 250-350's either. Sounds like the 390 would be a nice upgrade to the old wr450 in terms of handling and ease of riding. My only reservation is reliability and my current Yamaha has been absolutely bulletproof for all these years so it's hard not to get another one. I did see a long term review of a 15 390rr and they thrashed the hell out of it and it held up perfectly. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TwinSparXR said:

The salesman told me this evening that it will be here middle of October. 

i spoke with Beta a few weeks ago and they told me the 390s were in super high demand! That's a good thing though!

• Like 1

On 8/10/2017 at 11:21 AM, Ben500RR-S said:

My dealer had about 7-8 bikes a month or two ago and are now down to 2.  

I love that Beta is selling more bikes and guys are buying them.  

Not only did my dealer only have a 125 and a 430 RR-S, they had sold the second batch of Beta's they got in.  A 390 RR Race Edition was sold and prepped, ready to go out the door just yesterday.  

It sure is tough, anytime one wants to spend money but can't as there is no product.  Waiting for an 18 is going to be hard, but so worth it.  

I had ordered my BYOB in December of last year, it came in, 69 days later in February.  The wait was tough but, it was the middle of winter up here and I could not have ridden it much if I wanted to.  As it was, I could not ride it for one month when I did get it on account of the cold and the snow.  At least if they do come in in October, you'll have some time to ride before winter comes. 

• Like 2

Not only did my dealer only have a 125 and a 430 RR-S, they had sold the second batch of Beta's they got in.  A 390 RR Race Edition was sold and prepped, ready to go out the door just yesterday.  

It sure is tough, anytime one wants to spend money but can't as there is no product.  Waiting for an 18 is going to be hard, but so worth it.  

I had ordered my BYOB in December of last year, it came in, 69 days later in February.  The wait was tough but, it was the middle of winter up here and I could not have ridden it much if I wanted to.  As it was, I could not ride it for one month when I did get it on account of the cold and the snow.  At least if they do come in in October, you'll have some time to ride before winter comes. 

My dealer told me that I should get my 500 the first week of September.

Sent from my SM-G955U using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bunch of Betas.. too many to keep up it seems but I'd still like a few more.. It's not smart much to have more but I'd like more.  ?It's a good thing I don't have resources. I'd get a 125 2t enduro.  I'm figuring Beta will have a big bore kit for it... and of course the estart kit would go in. Too many toys out there to get. :excuseme::ride:

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1