2018 factory edition?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/22/2017 at 0:47 PM, FJP618 said:

The 2018 bikes are just hitting the dealerships now.  The Factory Edition will be a 2018.5.  I do not think you will see them hit until the end of the year or January.

Probably right, maybe even later but I'm wondering when the specs will be released? I'm guessing the ktm riders will be on the 2018.5 FE for the monster cup. I wonder if we will learn anything about the bikes at the event. I'd like to know if the 2018.5 FE is a complete redesign or just a blinged out 2018. It's going to affect which bike I purchase. 

I am going to be at the ME Cup next weekend.  If I learn anything about the factory KTM's I will definitely post here. 

33 minutes ago, digarcia1987 said:

It's going to affect which bike I purchase. 

What bikes are you looking at?  I just went through this back in April and May when I was looking.  I was torn between the Yamaha and the KTM.  Ended up with a 250 Factory Edition. They are great bikes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FJP618 said:

I am going to be at the ME Cup next weekend.  If I learn anything about the factory KTM's I will definitely post here. 

What bikes are you looking at?  I just went through this back in April and May when I was looking.  I was torn between the Yamaha and the KTM.  Ended up with a 250 Factory Edition. They are great bikes.

I already have a 16 450 and a 17 250sx (2stroke) For me the FE is not worth it unless it's a complete redesign. I always add an exhaust, I always have my suspension revalved or, like in the case of my 16, I have cone valve forks. My 16 needs a complete engine rebuild, but I'd hold off and sell it to get an 18.5 FE if it's been redesigned. Otherwise I'm gonna get a used low hrs 17 and just transfer the parts from my 17 onto it.  

• Like 1

Rumored to have a new frame as spotted in the MXGP

"The easiest way to spot the new frame is the difference in the shock tower and engine mounts. Also, Tanel's bike has a strange, uncoated version of the shock that we spied in the WP truck. We'd be surprised to find this high-end of a shock on a production bike however...maybe a factory edition? We've heard there is a high possibility of a Husqvarna "Race Edition" in the US for 2018...being that the brand will need one so Jason Anderson can race the new bike in Supercross, like KTM has in past seasons"

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/member/Vital-MX-Pit-Bits-2017-MXGP-of-Pays-de-Montbeliard,39322/Tanel-Leoks-Bike,102457/ayearinmx,1455

HH.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Modded ktm said:

My son is getting the only 2018.5 ktm 450fe that our local dealer is getting and was told he may not get it until april. Previously he was told February

Awesome he is getting one. Those bikes are sick! Yeah from what I'm seeing here in Washington Dealers are allocated just one a piece. I had a few replies back and all were getting only one. I haven't decided Husky or KTM. I guess I'll get what is available near Spokane but definitely getting one of them. 

Edited by Blaze 57