2016 Yamaha WR450 headpipe removal ?

Having problems removing the front half of the headpipe on my 2016 WR450. Can anyone give me any tips? I have it all unbolted it will not fit to remove? Do I need to remove starter heat shield / and / or other parts?

IMG_3885.JPG

Edited by reed92021
spelling

Thanks Steve, You were right it comes off right side with a little pressure. Went back in a bit harder after wrap.

Thanks again

Reed

IMG_5345.JPG

34 minutes ago, reed92021 said:

Thanks Steve, You were right it comes off right side with a little pressure. Went back in a bit harder after wrap.

Thanks again

Reed

IMG_5345.JPG

Careful with that wrap though. I've heard of pipes overheating and getting ruined under that stuff. 

Thank again snake. I guess we will find out on this one. My main concern is engine heat and heating the fuel above with the Wrap around pipe design. If it saves my motor I am ok with sacrificing a pipe. Having said that those pipes get glowing hot where they come out of the cylinder. . I cant imagine a wrap causing any more stress. Have you heard what happens, does the metal crack?

27 minutes ago, reed92021 said:

Thank again snake. I guess we will find out on this one. My main concern is engine heat and heating the fuel above with the Wrap around pipe design. If it saves my motor I am ok with sacrificing a pipe. Having said that those pipes get glowing hot where they come out of the cylinder. . I cant imagine a wrap causing any more stress. Have you heard what happens, does the metal crack?

If I'm not mistaken it disintegrates the pipe after time. 

Ive run my fully built 16' big bore with GYTR head up the biggest hills without overheating. The only time to worry about the motor overheating is if you somehow lose your coolant and run the motor without it. 

On my built 07' I run a sticky insulator sheet under the fuel tank.