Emergency radiator hose fix, garden hose, tape?

I've got a leaking radiator hose on my 1997 Honda CR125R.  Could I just swap it out for a piece of garden hose and continue riding for a few hours?  My bike isn't here right now, so does anyone know the typical ID of those hoses?  I figure the coolant gets to about 200 degrees F, so would a garden hose stand up to those temps?

A piece of quality rubber hose may work, but real rubber garden hoses are expensive, so why would you cut one when you can just replace your hose with the correct one?  You could probably get by with a length of heater hose from an auto parts store, but again, why the heck don't you just replace the hose?

41 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

A piece of quality rubber hose may work, but real rubber garden hoses are expensive, so why would you cut one when you can just replace your hose with the correct one?  You could probably get by with a length of heater hose from an auto parts store, but again, why the heck don't you just replace the hose?

Because I would have to order one, which would take days to arrive.

1 hour ago, kevelev said:

I've got a leaking radiator hose on my 1997 Honda CR125R.  Could I just swap it out for a piece of garden hose and continue riding for a few hours?  My bike isn't here right now, so does anyone know the typical ID of those hoses?  I figure the coolant gets to about 200 degrees F, so would a garden hose stand up to those temps?

Ya take the old hose to a good automotive parts or industrial supply store or even maybe home depot and get some high temp hose with about the same thickness as the original hose or a bit thinner if need cus Just make sure it doesn't kink stopping the coolant flow cus OEM hose come preshaped for a reason

• Like 1