Bike dies when braking

Hi all, so I've had this problem for about a month now. My 06 dies after hard braking or stoppies. Revs decrease to about 1300 when braking normally. It started happening after I fixed my air leak by getting a metal hotstart nut. I previously had big jets in it(185 55) to compensate for the air leak but I switched to 170 48 afterwards. I've made sure that the float is in spec, bought a new AF screw, changed to multiple different pilot jets, and cleaned the carb many times. It feels like the bike is dying from excess gas because I can sometimes smell it. Also, it gets harder to start when it dies that way. Any ideas?

Sound like your float is wrong.  Try lowering it a smidgen.

Float is on point. I've checked it multiple ways and found no leaks in it. I took out the mid body gaskets the other day and they don't look good

Sent from my SM-G900T using ThumperTalk mobile app

2 hours ago, m3ntor said:

Float is on point. I've checked it multiple ways and found no leaks in it. I took out the mid body gaskets the other day and they don't look good

What? You can't 'take them out' without ruining them.  You need new ones.

Yeah I took off the mid body when I first cleaned it and didn't realize that taking it out would mean new gaskets. Ordered a set.