Petrol in gearbox oil

So I think I should start this off by saying this bike has been sitting in some bushes up the back of our house for 20 years (not exaggerating), I recently pulled it out and managed to get it started and riding (not very good but still), after I finally got the sump plug off the oil was a light grey colour and smelt like petrol was also very thin. Would anyone have an idea as to why this is? I have read it could be a worn crank seal. I'm hoping I haven't done any damage despite having no clutch or brakes I did manage to ride it down the street a few times. It was until noticed a weird noise while kicking over the engine that thought that I should change the oil. Any help is appreciated thank you ?

It's possible that the right side crank seal is bad, that's the one that would let gas into the transmission.

2t gear oil FYI:

"gray" gear oil = clutch fibers mixing with the gear oil = the oil hasn't been changed in a long time. 

"chocolate milk" colored gear oil = coolant in the oil = leaking gasket or bad water pump seal.

Exactly what year and model RM is this? and seriously when was the last time it was run?

Oh no I'm sorr

4 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Worst thing you could have done was start it up and ride it. I recommend complete disassembly and rebuild as necessary. If that is beyond your capability then you should sell the bike cheaply to a deserving owner.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Lol

13 hours ago, zig06 said:

It's possible that the right side crank seal is bad, that's the one that would let gas into the transmission.

2t gear oil FYI:

"gray" gear oil = clutch fibers mixing with the gear oil = the oil hasn't been changed in a long time. 

"chocolate milk" colored gear oil = coolant in the oil = leaking gasket or bad water pump seal.

Exactly what year and model RM is this? and seriously when was the last time it was run?

It's a 1980 model so air cooled, and the last time it ran was seriously 20 years ago, I'm not really fussed about it, it was sitting up there for ages and no one has done anything so if it's something relatively small like a crank seal it might be worth fixing.