Meridian

Anyone ridden Meridian OHV park in the past couple of weeks?  Dying to get out and try out my suspension mods, and it's a mud hole down here in lower Alabama.  Used to ride at Meridian about 10 years ago.  Thought I'd try it out Sunday if it's not just another mud hole among many.

Went solo to Meridian on Sunday.  Awesome trails, just like I remembered them.  Got to finally try out all of my mods (new springs, Tubliss, Michelin Starcross 5's, regeared 13/49, etc).  Made a huge difference.  For those who've not ridden Meridian, I highly recommend it.  $40/yr membership.

IMG_6855.JPG

IMG_6849.JPG

IMG_6842.JPG

Looks cool.  Is there a website with any info?  Looking for the cost, call before you haul number, trail map, etc.

Also, how challenging is Meridian?

2 hours ago, manglin said:

Looks cool.  Is there a website with any info?  Looking for the cost, call before you haul number, trail map, etc.

Also, how challenging is Meridian?

$40/yr individual membership, $50/yr family membership.  Dirt cheap.  Open about 364 days a year, closed only for an occasional work day or enduro race.  Members get the combination to the gate lock.

A lot of variety, from some tight, tough hillclimbs on single track to open pits with good edge jumps.  What I like is a lot of good single track, with elevation changes (which we don't see a lot of along the gulf coast), very little soft sands and very few whoops.   It has all of this.  They have a good, secure trailhead, with room for campers as well.  There are some good 2-way dirt highways to help you get around, or to get back if you have a problem.  It is run by the city of Meridian.

It beats the national forest, which is always closed due to rain, flat and a lot of sand and whoops.

Here's their website, which has maps, costs, phone numbers/emails, how to join, etc:

http://www.meridianohvpark.com

Edited by markbfe501
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 6:58 PM, markbfe501 said:

$40/yr individual membership, $50/yr family membership.  Dirt cheap.  Open about 364 days a year, closed only for an occasional work day or enduro race.  Members get the combination to the gate lock.

A lot of variety, from some tight, tough hillclimbs on single track to open pits with good edge jumps.  What I like is a lot of good single track, with elevation changes (which we don't see a lot of along the gulf coast), very little soft sands and very few whoops.   It has all of this.  They have a good, secure trailhead, with room for campers as well.  There are some good 2-way dirt highways to help you get around, or to get back if you have a problem.  It is run by the city of Meridian.

It beats the national forest, which is always closed due to rain, flat and a lot of sand and whoops.

Here's their website, which has maps, costs, phone numbers/emails, how to join, etc:

http://www.meridianohvpark.com

Thank you, thank you very much!