gaortiz

Preordered a MY18 Beta 500 RR-S

39 posts in this topic

Preordered my 2018 500-RR-S yesterday! Time to start buying parts! The bike should be at my dealer the first week of September!

So far my parts list is below. Feel free to suggest additions!

Cycra hand guards,

front disc guard,

rear disc guard,

slave cylinder guard

 rad guards,

rad hoses,

3 gallon tank

Hyde skid plate

2000000002.jpg

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Luck-ee!  I would have loved to have the 2018 over the 2017 I have as I love my 2017.  

 

Pirelli Scorpion Pro F/R tires along with HD/UHD tubes.  

Edited by Ben500RR-S
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ben500RR-S said:

Luck-ee!  

 

Pirelli Scorpion Pro F/R tires along with HD/UHD tubes.  

😀 I'm going tubliss. Forgot to add that bit. Was thinking of getting the shinko 545s but I'll check out the pirellis!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with the Pirelli's as they are DOT and the most dirt worthy tire that is also DOT.  

I waited till I wore out the stock Michelin before I had changed out the rear.  I still have the front one on but it should wear out soon as I have just over 1,000 miles/50 hours on the bike/tires.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suggest Rear brake clevis:  really tightened up the rear brake.  And maybe a linkage guard?  Also, springs for your weight are pretty cheap and come pre installed with the OEM in a box.

Im sure you already know, they won't put the tubliss system on a street legal bike, I asked.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nailbender said:

Suggest Rear brake clevis:  really tightened up the rear brake.  And maybe a linkage guard?  Also, springs for your weight are pretty cheap and come pre installed with the OEM in a box.

Im sure you already know, they won't put the tubliss system on a street legal bike, I asked.

 

Thanks. The stock spring for my weight will be perfect. Yes, I know they won't put tubliss on. I'm going to try and figure that out after I ruin the stock tires 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


What about a headpipe guard?  

 

My bike is like naked, even though I have to ride on some horrible trails.  

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:


What about a headpipe guard?  

 

My bike is like naked, even though I have to ride on some horrible trails.  

 

I ride in a lot of rocks as well. If I ding up the head pipe I'll just buy an FMF and then get the head pipe guard 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gaortiz said:

I ride in a lot of rocks as well. If I ding up the head pipe I'll just buy an FMF and then get the head pipe guard 😁

 

Depending on how big the rocks are, get a linkage guard.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gaortiz said:

I ride in a lot of rocks as well. If I ding up the head pipe I'll just buy an FMF and then get the head pipe guard 😁

I did ding my headpipe, but not all that bad, so a few weeks ago I bought a new OEM Beta headpipe, but no guard, so if I hit it again, which is probably not a matter if if, but when, I can put the new pipe on, it is only $170, then for $60+shipping, there is a place not too far from me in CT that can fix it and get it back to me.  

I do my best to avoid the trails that are all rocks.  I'd rather ride the same trail all day with no rocks than have to beat it through the trails that are all rocks or baby-heads as I have seen them referred-to.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gaortiz, what kind of riding will you be planning? By the sounds of all the protection you are headed to Erzberg;)

Tell us a little about your skills, your terrain or where you plan your first big adventure?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy a kick start kit. I've had to use a kicker multiple times when my big bore Beta battery died multiple times during a long  break in period and falling over and grounding the horn that blows the fuse. What happens when your battery dies? Just a tip from someone who's gone through it... but Beta came with a kicker in the past. Not now but at least you have the option compared to other brands. That's an awesome bike! If I were to buy a new bike what you're getting is what I'd buy. That's the best do everything with one bike choice.Congrats!!!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/11/2017 at 9:51 AM, Ben500RR-S said:

I did ding my headpipe, but not all that bad, so a few weeks ago I bought a new OEM Beta headpipe, but no guard, so if I hit it again, which is probably not a matter if if, but when, I can put the new pipe on, it is only $170, then for $60+shipping, there is a place not too far from me in CT that can fix it and get it back to me.  

I do my best to avoid the trails that are all rocks.  I'd rather ride the same trail all day with no rocks than have to beat it through the trails that are all rocks or baby-heads as I have seen them referred-to.  

There's a Beta carbon fiber header guard. I was hoping for flatland to make a beta header guard . That would be good. I'm naked on my 350rr for a while. I'm figuring on breaking down and getting the carbon fiber but I rather the flatland type. Maybe if enough of us ask He'll break down and start making some.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

gaortiz, what kind of riding will you be planning? By the sounds of all the protection you are headed to Erzberg;)

Tell us a little about your skills, your terrain or where you plan your first big adventure?

Lol, not quite Erzberg.

I would consider myself a B+ rider who likes to ride anything from wide open desert to tight technical single track. I'm in Southern California so I usually keep it to Big Bear, Jawbone, Mammoth, Cleveland National Forest. There are A LOT of rocks where I ride and sometimes big boulders so I figured I better invest in protection. To be honest I don't think I'll get a full exhaust unless I really ding it up. I also ride where a lot of sand is, at least in the desert, so I could probably benefit from a stabilizer but I don't feel like dropping $600 on just that. How good does the stock skid plate do in the rocks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Buy a kick start kit. I've had to use a kicker multiple times when my big bore Beta battery died multiple times during a long  break in period and falling over and grounding the horn that blows the fuse. What happens when your battery dies? Just a tip from someone who's gone through it... but Beta came with a kicker in the past. Not now but at least you have the option compared to other brands. That's an awesome bike! If I were to buy a new bike what you're getting is what I'd buy. That's the best do everything with one bike choice.Congrats!!!!

Thanks Hawaii. I'm coming from a weak, horribly suspended 250L. I rang that poor bikes neck for too long and the suspension beat me up. As far as a kick starter goes I'll probably wait until I get into a situation where I need it (I'm stubborn). My battery died on my 250L and was able to bump start easily. I know the 500 will be harder to bump start but we shall see. I'm so excited to get it! Already got a buyer for my 250L so that's cool too!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gaortiz said:

Lol, not quite Erzberg.

I would consider myself a B+ rider who likes to ride anything from wide open desert to tight technical single track. I'm in Southern California so I usually keep it to Big Bear, Jawbone, Mammoth, Cleveland National Forest. There are A LOT of rocks where I ride and sometimes big boulders so I figured I better invest in protection. To be honest I don't think I'll get a full exhaust unless I really ding it up. I also ride where a lot of sand is, at least in the desert, so I could probably benefit from a stabilizer but I don't feel like dropping $600 on just that. How good does the stock skid plate do in the rocks? 

Stock skid plate is better than nothing. That being said I bought a ricochet plate . Strong with good coverage but I wish I bought a P-tech skid plate. Those are nice and strong looking.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gaortiz said:

Thanks Hawaii. I'm coming from a weak, horribly suspended 250L. I rang that poor bikes neck for too long and the suspension beat me up. As far as a kick starter goes I'll probably wait until I get into a situation where I need it (I'm stubborn). My battery died on my 250L and was able to bump start easily. I know the 500 will be harder to bump start but we shall see. I'm so excited to get it! Already got a buyer for my 250L so that's cool too!

You won't be kick starting your 500 easy. Especially if the motor is new and tight. I couldn't.  My only choice was to kick. So expect that you won't be able to bump start. I mean good luck but no way was I able to. .. but if you don't want to That's up to you. Just letting you know before you get stuck in the desert.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

You won't be kick starting your 500 easy. Especially if the motor is new and tight. I couldn't.  My only choice was to kick. So expect that you won't be able to bump start. I mean good luck but no way was I able to. .. but if you don't want to That's up to you. Just letting you know before you get stuck in the desert.

I always ride with other guys and they keep one of those portable battery tenders with them. I'm not too concerned but I'm sure if I happened to be riding by myself and I couldn't bump start I'd probably order the kick start the second I get home from being stranded lol

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be looking at getting a battery starter pack with leads for your battery at the very least. I just wouldn't want that extra thing that I'd have to keep charged and keep in my pack though. A kicker is simpler and reliable and proven. But a charger is an alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gaortiz said:

I always ride with other guys and they keep one of those portable battery tenders with them. I'm not too concerned but I'm sure if I happened to be riding by myself and I couldn't bump start I'd probably order the kick start the second I get home from being stranded lol

That's good. Riding in a group is better. I've been dumb more lately going solo. Last time I fell hard on a simple hill and realized I'm taking a risk. I do tell friends where I'm riding though.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


  • Similar Content

    • By markwoodlief
      anyone running the g2 throttle tamer on their 4t bikes? Just picked one up today. I have installed them in the past on both my KTM and my Hsq 501. But with the beta there seems to be too much side to side play between the throttle and throttle housing, allowing the cable to move in and out of the grooves. I can hear my cable grinding as I rotate the throttle. Any clues? Wondering if g2 was just getting to market quick, since our throttles are basically a KTM 50/65 2t cable, and just put Beta on the sticker.
    • By hill5150
      2008 505 XCF ****Plated*****!!!!!

      $3ooo.oBO.......

      Original owner Bought Brand new 3 BROS Costa Mesa Bike is in pristine condition for an 08.Has an ARIZONA street legal plate.
      all service, valves only, have been performed at 3 Bros.I have been riding bikes since I was a kid -CR 500 XR 650 were the last two I had, this bike is the best bike I have ever owned. Period. Oil has been changed every 500 miles since day one. Getting this bike plated in CA is YOUR responsibility. Or just green sticker it and enjoy the DEZ.

      Last 3 years has been commute only 98% of the time riding 8 or so miles a day. Bike hasn't seen dirt in a while. Motor is strong wheelies all day and is this bike is no longer made. Get it now. You will not find a cleaner, or find one at all 505 XCF anywhere. PLATED!........Lack of dez use forces sale.

      In NEWPORT BEACH

      lavey5150@gmail.com


      here's the goods included-

      -Scott's Dampener-
      -CNC Break away brake lever
      -2 foam desert filters
      -Stock Tank
      -Has a Clockwork 3.5 gal tank on it
      -Has 52 rear sprocket
      2 spare clutches
      -Goggles w spare tear offs
      -K/N street filter
      -2 Foam Dez filters
      -2 sets Brand new pads front/rear
      1 size small MOTO helmet brand new
      -1 Large used street helmet
      -2 front knobbies
      -1 rear knobby
      - 1 Paddle
      -1 gallon 15-50 Synthetic oil BelRay
      2 33 oz 20/50 Maxima Full syn
      -FMF Power bomb slip-on on silencer just repacked
      -Jetted
      -Dirt Tricks Cam tensioner
      -R/D float bowl-Awesome response!
      -Upgraded silicone hoses
      -GPS E-trex w/ Mount
      -Fox fanny pack
      -50 tooth rear on bike aluminum-orange
      -Stock 50 rear spare and chain
      -X-2 Trailtech Light
      -SICASS rear tail light w/brake light LED
      -SHORAI Lythium battery saves 80% weight
      -Bar mount mirrors
    • By Morgan Williams
      81 hours on engine and 2,281 miles on the odometer. Runs great, well maintained, mostly by Malcolm Smith Motorsports. Have clean title ready for sale in Riverside 92504. Please note bill of sale will read actual sale amount. Available to see all weekend and weeknights after 6:30pm only. $8500
      Highlights
          •    Heavy duty WP rear spring and forks revalved
          •    Handlebar risers
          •    Many orange anodized parts
          •    Shorty LED turn signals, front and rear
          •    Short license plate holder and LED brake light
          •    Shorai lithium battery
          •    Orange anodized Talon rear sprocket
          •    Red Bull KTM graphics
          •    Right rear KTM Powerparts handle
          •    Carbon fiber head pipe guard
          •    Blue anodized Bullet Proof radiator guards
          •    Quick-mount HD plastic skid plate
          •    Seat Concepts seat with custom Motoseat cover
          •    Metzeler Six Days Extreme tires
      Extras:
          •    All original plastics as shown
          •    Original rear fender, brake light and all turn signals
          •    Original battery
          •    Extra Red Bull KTM decals
          •    Original rear spring
          •    Original brake and clutch fluid covers
          •    New oil filter and screen kit
          •    Original handlebar clamps
          •    Acerbis full handguards
    • By sasrocks
      The Beta 250RR is a premium Italian enduro bike with a slightly lower seat height than KTM and excellent handling and power. The 250 has awesome low end torque and still revs higher than a 300, allowing for more usable range of power and actually less need to short shift the bike. Plus it has less rotating mass in the engine so the handling feels more nimble. Design features and mods of this very clean well maintained bike: 

      Electronic Variable Oil Injection design, no mixing of fuel required! The oil tank holds enough for up to 3 tanks of gas.

      Dual Ignition Map soft and hard power curves

      Adjustable Power Valve; can completely change the power characteristics from linear to a distinct hit (which is easy to predict and ride thru). I have the soft map + distinct hit tuned via the power valve ( a simple hex head bolt adjustable without removing any cover). This combo makes for plenty of grunt in the woods, but not so much that the throttle is jerky. then when the trail opens up you have the awesome power up top when the power value opens up.

      Suspension revalved and resprung by Stillwell (The Beta experts) for 190 lb rider. 

      Rekluse 3.0 Core EXP Clutch: top line of the auto clutch, is a magical addition that makes any ride better. can still use clutch manually to pop over obstacles etc. 

      Full off road protection:
      Aluminum Pipe guard
      Acerbis Hand guards
      Rear disk guard
      EE skid plate
      BRP radiator guards
      Clutch Slave guard with brush bar

      Ox Brake Left Hand Rear Brake; simple cable system to operate brake with foot or hand
      Beta Fork Bleeders
      Larger kickstand foot to not sink in the mud

      Goldentyre Fatty front tire; unmatched traction
      Shinko 520 rear tire; recommended with Tubliss system
      Tubliss system Front and Rear: dramatically improves traction; can run much lower pressure safely and maintain much better flat protection, also with lighter weight than HD tubes. You can run safely on a flat tire back to the truck due to this design

      PLUS: Registered and Plated in Missouri. Along with the oil injection you can dual sport this bike and fill up along the way without having to mix oil. It will maintain 65 mph with stock gearing and still crawl in the technical sections. (lights removed currently. Horn retained so you can honk to alert slower riders in the woods )

      All Extras 
      Stock skid plate, DOT Michelin tires
      (oil tank currently removed)

      Bike is maintained regularly. Steering, swingarm and linkage bearing greased with Bel-Ray waterproof grease. Fresh Rotella in gearbox. No Toil air filter oil used. Extra Twin air filter included

      Parts are reasonable and very easy to get. 285 miles, 18hrs

      This bike is ready to roll: race, trail or dual sport. It is set up perfectly and better than new with Rekluse, suspension, Tubliss LHRB and all the protection parts.
       
    • By F-inEdd
      This is my first thread here, been searching online for some help with no luck. I have a 2001 wr250f i picked up for 1600. Someone already did the conversion to dual sport. Well, my control switch went bad and i got a k&s universal one. Now nothings working. Been trying everything. I was hoping someone has put one of these switches on before and could help me out a bit. I have gotten the headlight to come one. But only the hi beam.