Dyno jet kit for 2005 S model?

I got the dyno jet kit and realized it didnt come eith the pilot jet, so i ordered it seperately. Then i got to installing it and saw that the biggest jet in the kit is a 136 (smaller than the stock 142.5). They specify in the instructions that this is due to the difference in taper on the needle, but they also dont mention anything about the 3x3 airbox hole.

Is a 134 or 136 big enough with the DJ needle to do the job with the 3x3? If not would the 142.5 jet work better with the DJ needle or would it run too rich in the higher RPMs?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-H812 using ThumperTalk mobile app

I used the same kit back in 06 with the 3x3 and no, 136 is not enough jet.  I initially tried a 140 and 145 and my butt dyno couldn't really tell the difference.  Put the stock 142.5 back in and you should be pretty close, might have to play with the clip position.  

Agree with that^^^^^^^.  the stage 1 kit can be made to work with the 3x3 mod but not as good as the DJ stage 2 kit which still isn't as complete as the James Dean kit.  

So with the 25 pilot, the 142.5 main and the DJ needle, it started and seemed to run good. I let it heat up a bit, i adjusted the idle and started checking it out throughout the rpm range. Its bogging when it returns down to the idle, and on one particular snap of the throttle it died. Now it doesnt want to start back up. I dont know if the pilot screw is misadjusted or if im just running too rich. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-H812 using ThumperTalk mobile app