2017 350 Xc f......."To T, or not to T"

I've just replaced the 3 stock straight radiator hoses with a Samco kit today with plans on replacing the T piece in the near future. I have heard recently somewhere that the restrictive frame T piece of old has been replaced by a less restrictive configuration on the newer bikes. I believe I remember seeing a cutaway picture of the old configuration fitting which had an actual metal lip which would seem to restrict flow of coolant. Does anyone have any knowledge of this change? I'd hate to spend the big dollar on an unneeded hose if the newer oem T has addressed this issue. Would probably put that money toward a fan kit, and/or a Boysen water pump. I mainly run tighter, slow single track and am also a first year "senior coffee" rider. I've only had overheating problems a few times, but want to give my machine every chance I can at surviving it's owner?

I probably will in the end Monk. Just seems logical to me to improve any coolant flow problems first then an addition of a fan would be the finishing touch. I guess you could cool a radiator all you want, but if the refreshed coolant doesn't circulate thru the system without restrictions I am not getting the full benefit. Just my (over)thinking? And fan would probably run more than it needs to. I don't want to tax my battery any more than I have to as I don't want to do a stator upgrade if I don't need to. As it stands now I only have an EE light/taillight kit installed.

IMO, with additional electronics added such as the rear fender, at the very least I would be upgrading the battery... As for the fan, yes the silicone hoses improve flow as does Engine Ice and the SuperCooler, but being cost effective the fan is the cheapest and less 'involved' to hookup... Literally a 5 minute job vs the others... 

• Like 1