Skills Camps

Hey, I'm located in Bellingham WA. Hoping to locate some sort of a skills course or camp somewhere in the tri state area. I realize it's late in the season to get on this. I've been riding fora few years in the woods and feel fairly confident on a ton of terrain; but I just want some solid guidance on some more advanced skills like jumping logs and such. Any information of courses or camps you like or dislike would be great. Cheers

So one thing you can do is email or personal messages some local riders on Facebook and see if they are interested. For offroad you could look up Lance Smail and Ricky Dietrich. I personally grew up training with local hero Legend Lance Smail for racing mx but he has an off road course he had me ride to teach me the true way of handling bikes. Like jumping up cliffs wheeling up square edge ledges. The things he can teach on a motorcycle is amazing. Most Pros are willing to do personal lessons and it helps them out as well,  so a win win for both. 

Edited by KathleanTribeMotocross

In the mean time, go watch all of these and practice them if you have not already.  I find that I am too lazy to do much practice and just go ride, though I can hold my own riding over logs, crappy terrain, rocks, roots, short hills, medium hills. I tried the move to cross a log by standing parallel and doing a 180 wheelie pivot turn over it. Was not pretty, but got the bike to the other side. I think I need to practice killing the bike at the exact wrong time where my feet won't touch anything and restart and get going without tipping over.  I am pretty good a sliding backwards down hills too!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJAvmhgP0h1AEKY8vTEJPJg