Z-Start pro settings-14 450

Just looking for opinions on which setting to try first up.

I know it's old technology now however I didn't want to spend the 1400 on the core 3, got this one barely used so pretty stoked.

Seller had it setup med/soft, wouldn't there be a lag between turning the throttle and actually moving?

Low/soft sounds good to me.

Will be riding a bit of everything inc moto.

Guess I just wanted to hear what others set it at and why they like it.

Btw I do know how to use the clutch, I just feel the big four stroke will benefit from the addition and so will my numb left hand!

The two engagement attributes that can be adjusted on any Rekluse are the engagement RPM, or point, and the engagement rate.  The engagement point is adjusted by changing the spring(s) that release the clutch at low speed, and the engagement rate is changed by changing the weight of the wedges (EXP clutches) or the balls (Z-Start Pro).

The Z-Start Pro has 3 possible engagement point settings, low, mid, and high.  This refers simply to the RPM at which the clutch begins to engage (or the speed at which it releases, if you look at it the other way around).  This should be set so that the clutch starts to move the bike just above idle.  On my YZ450, that was the "Mid" setting.

With the Z-Start Pro, there are two engagement rate settings: "fast" and "slow".  This adjustment is analogous to how quickly you release the lever on a manual clutch from the catch point to fully engaged.  This is done by choosing either all 27 balls, or reducing the number to 24, with 3 empty pockets evenly spaced.  I ended up going with the "slow" setting because the fast setting was letting the clutch go from released to fully engaged too quickly, and causing stall outs in situations like turning up a hill a gear too high.

There is very little to none at all noticeable delay in the engagement of the clutch as the rpm changes.  The clutch reacts to changes in engine speed virtually as fast as they happen, whether it speeds up or slows down. 

Thanks grayracer , looks like I will try mid and 24 balls, I have a feeling this bike is gonna be epic with an auto!