EJK okay with 2017?

Someone posted elsewhere that he got a check engine light when he added exhaust and EJK to his 2017.

Any 2017 owners having the same problem?  I just ordered my EJK and I hope it works on my 2017

ive  used ed a ejk   from a 250l    on the new engine  on the rally   ..i have  a de catted gpr exhaust  fitted  ..

i had a dyno run to check a/f ratios   and set up the ejk   ..these are the technitions findings 

the  main findings on the newer engine were  that the  ejk  does supply more fuel on adjustment   ..but  for the most part  its usless  it just overfuels the bike  on  the green  ..and especially the red zone   with  zero power gains infact a power loss  and increased consumption      ..the red zone is usless  ..it does supply more fuel  but  it is not needed   and actually  in places  hampers full power rather than helps it   especially at higher revs  

the orange zone  ..acceleration  does have a effect lower down  and a  nice gain in acceleration can be had lower in the revs where the bike runs leaner   ....and  that is good  

airbox mods are  usless as the box suppies more than enough flow    as standard ..for a300  engine and indeed a500 engine   ? ..that is  just a myth  that needs slaying   running with a airbox side lid removed  and a k and n  filter from the 300          has zero effect   even with a  a bigger header and free flow exhaust   ....the bike can only take in what it can put out and airbox mods are not required ..there is more than sufficiant airflow to reach  the ideal a/f ratios  

in summery   .the 250l  ejk can be used on the newer engines  with no  risk of damage  ....they are so inaccurate that  ..setting up with a 45quid dyno run  makes sense  guessing the settings   generally makes no improvment and signifcant loss in consumption 

..after a hour and adozen runs    it was apparant 

the red zone is usless   overfuels the bike  ..

the green zone is  no better than stock  ..stock fuiling on alevel throttle  is  spot on  and has no need to be made any better  or alterred in anyway  

the orange zone can help lower down  up from nothing to  5/6000 revs  

the single best thing you can do is fit a free flow slip on ..there is no gain whatsoever from a new header pipe  .the stock is more than sufficiant  for  what is on on offer  in terms of gas flow   and that will be the biggest single gain   ..

the ejk   is not worth  the effort  imho  ....  i have had no problems with warning liights  ..

http://35299836714_0a9ba31c2f_b.jpgp by minkyhead56, on Flickr

Edited by milkyhead
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, ViperGTS said:

Someone posted elsewhere that he got a check engine light when he added exhaust and EJK to his 2017.

I think that was when someone fitted a 2013~2016 EJK to a 2017...there is now a 2017 ver available

https://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/355_358_290_294/products_id/6460

Just saw on the 305 thread you're getting the 305 BB kit...the EJK needs to be for a 305 and not standard 250L

Edited by Neilly
Extra Info
  • Like 1

Once I add the 305 can I even ride the bike w/o a reflash? Seems from what milkyhead said the EJK still adds fuel if needed etc

I'm overseas and a reflash would be complicated

Edited by ViperGTS

Once I add the 305 can I even ride the bike w/o a reflash? Seems from what milkyhead said the EJK still adds fuel if needed etc I'm overseas and a reflash would be complicated

I would not even start it ... Read the full 305 thread from the 1st page.

I have the 305 and was extremely careful and did everything absolutely correct and have had no problems ... Others were not...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using ThumperTalk mobile app

On 8/13/2017 at 7:40 PM, ViperGTS said:

The first post in the 305 was from Positron007 and he said his 305 ran very good with the unflashed EJK. 

Then at 6,000 miles the piston broke and bent the rod ... :shocked: 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2017 at 9:57 PM, ViperGTS said:

Probably didn't have anything to do with which EJK was on his bike

If it was not providing enough fuel and runnig lean that also means it would be running hot  ... When I had my 305 installed the builder told me he could have squeezed a little more power from it but, because I do not race he said he did not want to lean it out that far.  But, it is your bike and you can do whatever it is you like ... :cheers:

I don't mean to argue ... just inform. 

B&B Cycle Restoration 305cc Big Bore Kit for the Honda CRF250L.

There's no replacement for displacement and this kit proves this point for the CRF250L.  The stock CRF250L produces approximately 17hp.  This 305cc big bore kit will kick your CRF250L to 24hp!*  We highly recommend the optional EJK fuel module for maximum increase in power and throttle response.  

NOTE: No core return is required. However, B&B will buy your original cylinder for $75.

Big Bore Kit Includes:

Big bore cylinder

Big bore piston kit

Gaskets

REQUIRED: The 305cc version of the EJK is required to safely run this big bore kit.  Attempting to run it with stock EFI or even the EJK intended for the stock displacement will result in engine damage. 

NOTE: * 24hp output achieved with 305cc big bore kit and the EJK fuel control module designed and programmed specifically for this big bore kit. This not the standard EJK control module. If you have the standard EJK controller, EJK will reprogram it for free. All you pay is shipping. CRF250L'13 - 305cc Big Bore Kit. Kits are built to order and shipped via USPS directly from B&B for US orders. International orders typically shipped direct from CRF's Only. Photo for illustration purposes. Not actual product.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2017 at 4:52 PM, milkyhead said:

ive  used ed a ejk   from a 250l    on the new engine  on the rally   ..i have  a de catted gpr exhaust  fitted  ..

i had a dyno run to check a/f ratios   and set up the ejk   ..these are the technitions findings 

the  main findings on the newer engine were  that the  ejk  does supply more fuel on adjustment   ..but  for the most part  its usless  it just overfuels the bike  on  the green  ..and especially the red zone   with  zero power gains infact a power loss  and increased consumption      ..the red zone is usless  ..it does supply more fuel  but  it is not needed   and actually  in places  hampers full power rather than helps it   especially at higher revs  

the orange zone  ..acceleration  does have a effect lower down  and a  nice gain in acceleration can be had lower in the revs where the bike runs leaner   ....and  that is good  

airbox mods are  usless as the box suppies more than enough flow    as standard ..for a300  engine and indeed a500 engine   ? ..that is  just a myth  that needs slaying   running with a airbox side lid removed  and a k and n  filter from the 300          has zero effect   even with a  a bigger header and free flow exhaust   ....the bike can only take in what it can put out and airbox mods are not required ..there is more than sufficiant airflow to reach  the ideal a/f ratios  

in summery   .the 250l  ejk can be used on the newer engines  with no  risk of damage  ....they are so inaccurate that  ..setting up with a 45quid dyno run  makes sense  guessing the settings   generally makes no improvment and signifcant loss in consumption 

..after a hour and adozen runs    it was apparant 

the red zone is usless   overfuels the bike  ..

the green zone is  no better than stock  ..stock fuiling on alevel throttle  is  spot on  and has no need to be made any better  or alterred in anyway  

the orange zone can help lower down  up from nothing to  5/6000 revs  

the single best thing you can do is fit a free flow slip on ..there is no gain whatsoever from a new header pipe  .the stock is more than sufficiant  for  what is on on offer  in terms of gas flow   and that will be the biggest single gain   ..

the ejk   is not worth  the effort  imho  ....  i have had no problems with warning liights  ..

http://35299836714_0a9ba31c2f_b.jpgp by minkyhead56, on Flickr

Could you tell me your EJK number in the end?