2008 kxf450 fitting lights

Hi all 

first post here :) 

just purchased a kxf450 2008 

its got a daytime mot . I want to put a tail/brake light , indicators and a headlight . Speedo dash etc on it so I can get full mot . I've heard a few people say that this bike stator is capable off running this . 

Is that possible or is there a stator kit out there for this bike I need to buy 

appreciate any advise regarding this 

scott 

Hi all  first post here  

just purchased a kxf450 2008 

its got a daytime mot . I want to put a tail/brake light , indicators and a headlight . Speedo dash etc on it so I can get full mot . I've heard a few people say that this bike stator is capable off running this . 

Is that possible or is there a stator kit out there for this bike I need to buy 

appreciate any advise regarding this 

scott 

I'm pretty sure it is the same stator that my 06 has in it. If it is then it does not supply enough power. You would need a new one that supplies enough. Here is a forum I was looking up when I was thinking thinking of doing mine. Had some good info on it. http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?112877-Turning-my-KX450f-into-a-street-legal-hooligan-machine!-What-parts-do-I-need

Sent from my XT1585 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Had a better look today and it's already got a rear brake light switch and an extra loom off the stator so I think it's been wired for lights before ,

going to test the feed and go from there onwards 

thanks for the link I'll have a good read ! 

Edited by spudboy6
  • Like 1

Got down and dirty with it today 

the stator loom goes up to the usual grey factory plug behind the rad but also has two yellow connectors coming out off it that are not connected to anything , far as I'm aware these are the charging wires 

ive tested it and both these yellow wires produce voltage (A/C) 

ive installed a regulator rectifier to connect it to DC, 

how would I connect this to the stator.  Would I use one yellow wire for + and use the frame to earth at the reg/rec 

or is one yellow wire the + feed and use the other as the - feed ? 

Ive checked the wiring diagram for my bike and they don't show these two yellow wires so led to believe this is some sort offf lighting kit but if you have an 08 450 let me know has yours got them ? 

Any idea on how to use the yellow wires ? 

Got to the bottom off this 

the stator /lighting coil fitted is single phase so if you place a bulb against both yellows you get A/C

i purchased a single phase regulator rectifier and all is well I'm not getting charge for my battery to power my lights 

IMG_6980.JPG

IMG_6983.JPG

IMG_6985.JPG

IMG_6986.JPG

IMG_7032.JPG

IMG_6969.JPG

• Like 1

Fitted a much larger battery and a led light bar now ,
All working fine and charging perfectly fine as the bigger battery covers the load and is topped up by standard stator

IMG_7358.JPGIMG_7170.JPGmmy battery mock up
IMG_7357.JPG

• Like 2

I’m now considering selling this , I really like the bike but would like to possibly get back on a sports bike or an bmw m3

if anybody is looking for a mint supermoto that’s been road registered since new .

As above full light kit
Mot
Talon wheels with Michelin
Tracker fitted
Fmf power bomb
Vapor dash
Side stand
Comes with 8 oil filters

Well serviced and ready to ride

Message for any info

IMG_7161.JPG