So I'm looking to build a new seat. From searching it looks like everyone likes the Seat Concepts unit, but I really don't want anything wider than stock. Has anyone had experience using the foam from ebay seller dynamicsalesinc289 ? Guts Racing? Durelle?

Thanks.

I'm leaving all the upholstering up to a pro, but there is a link to a big discussion of foam types that might be useful:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aD87PJ6Qy5XBK-LpB8jvTlKYulYdQ0yoXbV_3VBEHSA/pub#h.7vzy0in2pi21

Please let us know what you come up with. This is a topic I don't recall seeing on this site.

Edited by RedMesa

13 hours ago, RedMesa said:

I'm leaving all the upholstering up to a pro, but there is a link to a big discussion of foam types that might be useful:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aD87PJ6Qy5XBK-LpB8jvTlKYulYdQ0yoXbV_3VBEHSA/pub#h.7vzy0in2pi21

Please let us know what you come up with. This is a topic I don't recall seeing on this site.

Thanks RedMesa, that will help. I'm mostly interested in finding a decent foam to use. Most of the time while riding I will stand, but lately I have been riding a lot of forest service roads and Jeep trails on the high mountain passes where I am sitting more. There has got to be something better than the stock seat...

2 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

The seat concepts isn't wider in the front section where you stand or ride forward in attack position. I would never go back to anything else, its that good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

A lot of times I've got my ass back over the rear fender (whoops, etc.) Doesn't the wider seat affect a rearward riding position?

• Like 1

A lot of times I've got my ass back over the rear fender (whoops, etc.) Doesn't the wider seat affect a rearward riding position?

No, because your knees shouldn't move that far back, just your ass and thighs. If you've made a habit of getting your knees that far back, you need to get lower and flatter posture. Just my 2c.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

Here's a pic of the narrow cut out in relationship to the pegs, hope that helps! 20170813_121043.jpg

Thanks. Seems everyone really likes those seats. Wish they weren't so damn expensive.

They have standard seats too. I was at Seat Concepts, a few day's ago. I saw several standard style seats being shipped out. They sponsor some of the mx teams.

You should give them a call and tell them what you want. Your narative above suggests you would like the comfort seat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Wood said:

They have standard seats too. I was at Seat Concepts, a few day's ago. I saw several standard style seats being shipped out. They sponsor some of the mx teams.

You should give them a call and tell them what you want. Your narative above suggests you would like the comfort seat.

Thanks Dave. I will give them a call and see what they say.

Edited by Altidude
double post

There is only one seat to buy seat concepts. We have all makes seats on our  fleet all bad. Before Seat concepts existed I had to make my own seats. Shame they where 15 min from my Calif home. Now moved to Idaho.

I like my Guts tall seat foam in firm with there Gripper seat cover and is easy to do yourself with a $19 air stapler from Harbor Freight and a YouTube video :) Seat concepts looks real comfortable if you sit down a lot (commuting maybe) I will never pay somebody to install a seat cover again its that easy!  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dave Wood said:

Did they help you?

Well, they said they only do one seat for the CRF230- the wide comfort seat. They didn't seem to willing to sell just the foam, so still looking.

7 hours ago, bajatrailrider said:

There is only one seat to buy seat concepts. We have all makes seats on our  fleet all bad. Before Seat concepts existed I had to make my own seats. Shame they where 15 min from my Calif home. Now moved to Idaho.

Does the wide seat hinder movement while standing?

Edited by Altidude

11 hours ago, bajatrailrider said:

They join a long list of businesses that have left CA.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:34 PM, Baja Rambler said:

They join a long list of businesses that have left CA.

Including people that like to ride dirt bikes

• Like 1

On 8/25/2017 at 11:24 AM, ricky racer said:

I like my Guts tall seat foam in firm with there Gripper seat cover and is easy to do yourself with a $19 air stapler from Harbor Freight and a YouTube video :) Seat concepts looks real comfortable if you sit down a lot (commuting maybe) I will never pay somebody to install a seat cover again its that easy!  

I'm looking to buy that same seat and cover. Was there any trouble making the seat cover fit on the tall foam?