Jump to content

Anderson Out Rest of Season

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, ossidog said:

Can't deal with the POS bike :thumbsup:

Oh I thought he got sand in his vagina.:lol: Since he has been on 450s has he ever made it through an outdoors season? He should probably just race SX. Outdoors is not worth it for a lot guys anymore. Low pay, long season, little glory, and usually lousy for fans & spectators. Outdoors needs an overhaul IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ossidog said:

Can't deal with the POS bike :thumbsup:

Sure buddy.... You were the guy who couldn't deal with the Yamaha anymore... AND THAT'S A TRUE STORY.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaconne said:

Oh I thought he got sand in his vagina.:lol: Since he has been on 450s has he ever made it through an outdoors season? He should probably just race SX. Outdoors is not worth it for a lot guys anymore. Low pay, long season, little glory, and usually lousy for fans & spectators. Outdoors needs an overhaul IMHO.

The pussy 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chaconne said:

 Outdoors is not worth it for a lot guys anymore. Low pay, long season, little glory, and usually lousy for fans & spectators. Outdoors needs an overhaul IMHO.

I'd much rather go to Motocross races, than to the Winter fill-in series geared for city folks that need seats and climate control.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Texan said:

I'd much rather go to Motocross races, than to the Winter fill-in series geared for city folks that need seats and climate control.

I hear you but MX/SX has to compete with other sports and a lot of the MX outdoor venues are stuck in a 1970s time warp IMHO. Standing at a chainlink fence in single file only able to see a small section of the race was ok when I went to the first National at Southwick in the 1970s but that has gotten really old (and it hasn't changed much at all).

People used to sit on metal or concrete bleachers open to the weather to watch pro football years ago too, few are doing that now, and a lot of SX is done in football arenas that are pretty posh with good visuals.  Sure a bunch of geezer diehards will always make the case for standing seeing a single corner through the chainlink and that is honorable in its own way, but will not help the sport reach more fans and young people AFAICT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chaconne said:

I hear you but MX/SX has to compete with other sports and a lot of the MX outdoor venues are stuck in a 1970s time warp IMHO. Standing at a chainlink fence in single file only able to see a small section of the race was ok when I went to the first National at Southwick in the 1970s but that has gotten really old (and it hasn't changed much at all).

People used to sit on metal or concrete bleachers open to the weather to watch pro football years ago too, few are doing that now, and a lot of SX is done in football arenas that are pretty posh with good visuals.  Sure a bunch of geezer diehards will always make the case for standing seeing a single corner through the chainlink and that is honorable in its own way, but will not help the sport reach more fans and young people AFAICT.

I see what your saying but I think the series in the US has greatly improved over the last 10 years. Hell, 10 years ago at Red Bud there were no monitors or screens to watch the action like there are today. I remember sitting on the hill towards the leap and you would only hear when something exciting was happening on the other side of the track. Now you can watch it live on the "jumbotron" and not miss a thing. I think the screens like that and the live announcing has made it really great. These tracks are so huge it's almost impossible to set up bleachers or seats where you can see the entire track. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 8:45 PM, Kev_XR said:

 

Wilson and Davalos are pushing the Huskys along quite nicely.

 

Stanky is having a hard time getting his Husky up front.........just sayin 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, daled said:

Stanky is having a hard time getting his Husky up front.........just sayin 

That's cuz there is a Husky leading the entire field.....with a much better rider on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kNewc said:

I see what your saying but I think the series in the US has greatly improved over the last 10 years. Hell, 10 years ago at Red Bud there were no monitors or screens to watch the action like there are today. I remember sitting on the hill towards the leap and you would only hear when something exciting was happening on the other side of the track. Now you can watch it live on the "jumbotron" and not miss a thing. I think the screens like that and the live announcing has made it really great. These tracks are so huge it's almost impossible to set up bleachers or seats where you can see the entire track. 

Sure I hear you. Those are good improvements at Red Bud for sure.

I think track redesign could be done much better and seats, bleachers, and stands along with screens could improve the whole experience and capture the essence of it for all kinds of fans.

Remember I am not talking about attracting the diehards who will go just to hear something exciting, that won't work for most casual fans these days as there are lots of good choices in regular and extreme sports to watch live --so you gotta make it good for them. The diehards will make it no matter what, but they aren't where the growth will come from (in fact their numbers are shrinking). Newbies, young people, casual fans, and international is where the growth is.

I used to go to Southwick with a few buddies and then it dwindled to one and now he won't go anymore, it is a couple of hours drive, the facilities are mediocre, and he doesn't want to "waste a Saturday watching mostly nothing looking through a fence". We even tried the expensive "VIP" tickets and that was underwhelming at best.

Took a bunch of non-diehards/first-timers to Gillette SX year before last, great racing, good visuals, comfortable setting, helpful staff, good facilities. Gillette is back on the schedule in 2018 and 2 of them have asked me if I am going as they are getting tickets. I doubt that would have happened if I took them to Southwick.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2017 at 6:24 PM, Kev_XR said:

Was he riding a 2-stroke?

Yeah he was. Didn't do too bad, for only having half the displacement of everyone else.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I hear you but MX/SX has to compete with other sports and a lot of the MX outdoor venues are stuck in a 1970s time warp IMHO. Standing at a chainlink fence in single file only able to see a small section of the race was ok when I went to the first National at Southwick in the 1970s but that has gotten really old (and it hasn't changed much at all).
People used to sit on metal or concrete bleachers open to the weather to watch pro football years ago too, few are doing that now, and a lot of SX is done in football arenas that are pretty posh with good visuals.  Sure a bunch of geezer diehards will always make the case for standing seeing a single corner through the chainlink and that is honorable in its own way, but will not help the sport reach more fans and young people AFAICT.


Where is the thumbs down button?

So you are saying that you want to be told where to sit, can't move and be far enough away to see the whole track? Just watch it on TV then. Going to the race is all about getting up close and personal and seeing/feeling how incredibly fast these guys can go. Not many other sports can you get close enough to feel the wind rush as they go by and feel the roost coming off the back tire.

Stick to SX if that is what you like to watch but leave my MX alone.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Texan said:

Yeah he was. Didn't do too bad, for only having half the displacement of everyone else.

I just wanted to add, he was outgunned.

It should be 165cc for the 250 class and 300cc for the 450 class.   The top guys will be on 4strokes, but it would help some privateers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×