What to do what to do?

My wife is reluctant on letting me get a new bike so my plan is to by a 1700$ crate motor from own dirt bike parts.  If I did that, everything else is done so this new motor would be the last mod needed to complete to my 01, I love this bike as a woods bike.  So should I do this and I believe I would be more than satisfied as far as performance goes and I know exactly how many hours are on top and bottom end. In my mind if I did this the bike would be done. Of course I want a ktm 300 xc or xcw but I like my yz. It's a dedicated woods machine. Can I please have your opinion? Thanks.

20170805_113439.jpg

Edited by YZF1825

New bikes are overrated! I have a new bike and a 2005 bike. I woods ride.

If I were forced to give up one bike, honestly, I would have to let the new bike go. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but the '05 is just as good, has a proven track record with me and is stone reliable. Fortunately, I don't have to give either one up. 

You have a really nice looking YZ. Fix it up, ride it and keep it. You will be glad you did!

Good luck with your project.

• Like 2

Thats a nice bike in good shape. If you were to try to sell and then buy an equivalent year you would be looking at a piece of junk. In other words, older bikes are always trashed and yours is not. Unless you are willing to invest a lot of money you should keep it.