Rear brake reservoir grinds swingarm?

Hello. 

Noticed lately that my rear brake reservoir grinds against the swingarm. Before ive noticed it was just the small "bolt" or whatever to call it but now its the whole reservoir. 

There is no play in the swing arm and it got new bearings 10 hrs ago. 

Is some of my settings way off (suspension?) or is it something else? Normal?

Cant seem to find it on pictures. 

9 minutes ago, William1 said:

Brake reservoir mounts are bent.

I guess that means try to re-bend or buy a new one

Doesnt look like its bent, but must be it. Cant bend a whole swing arm without a major crash

1 hour ago, Wessmen said:

I guess that means try to re-bend or buy a new one

Not uncommon for a fall to happen, the res. get hit by as rock/log or even boot. The tabs on the subframe get bent, pushing the res. inward. Heat applied to the tabs and careful bending (unbending???) can fix it. Or the tabs cut off and new ones welded on or a replacement subframe.

If could even be the subframe itself is bent. Stand behind the bike (with the bike vertical) and eyeball it. A shift or twisted subframe can be seen. When I am at the track looking at other bikes, probably 20% or more have tweaked subframes.

6 minutes ago, William1 said:

Not uncommon for a fall to happen, the res. get hit by as rock/log or even boot. The tabs on the subframe get bent, pushing the res. inward. Heat applied to the tabs and careful bending (unbending???) can fix it. Or the tabs cut off and new ones welded on or a replacement subframe.

If could even be the subframe itself is bent. Stand behind the bike (with the bike vertical) and eyeball it. A shift or twisted subframe can be seen. When I am at the track looking at other bikes, probably 20% or more have tweaked subframes.

Looks like subframe doesnt touch/get close to the reservoir. If I look at the screw pushing the bladder in the reservoir I can see it tilts slightly inwards so I guess its the reservoir. Dunno if its possible to bend it, tried that with levers and they snap.

Thinking of grinding them down to get the reservoir closer to the frame but not sure. Bending would be the best but could be so risky.

Have to look at the subframe to see if thats bent. Weird because I cant remember I had any fall to speak off, sure two small ones in a damn corner... 

25 minutes ago, Wessmen said:

Looks like subframe doesnt touch/get close to the reservoir. If I look at the screw pushing the bladder in the reservoir I can see it tilts slightly inwards so I guess its the reservoir. Dunno if its possible to bend it, tried that with levers and they snap.

Thinking of grinding them down to get the reservoir closer to the frame but not sure. Bending would be the best but could be so risky.

Have to look at the subframe to see if thats bent. Weird because I cant remember I had any fall to speak off, sure two small ones in a damn corner... 

I doubt it is the res., they are cast and rarely bend (though it is possible) as cast parts typically crack though levers (which are cast) can be bent like a pretzel sometimes.

The right force placed at the right place can be pretty powerful.

1 hour ago, William1 said:

I doubt it is the res., they are cast and rarely bend (though it is possible) as cast parts typically crack though levers (which are cast) can be bent like a pretzel sometimes.

The right force placed at the right place can be pretty powerful.

Subframe mounts above the res and I dont really understand which mounts you talk about. The res mounts into the main frame.

This is how it looks now. Pulling and pushing everything I have on the damn swingarm but it doesnt move sideways are all. 

IMG_4608.PNG

It has to be the mount holes, take a punch and try tapping them towards the pegs. 

38 minutes ago, DEMI said:

It has to be the mount holes, take a punch and try tapping them towards the pegs. 

Yeah, I mean it has popped up the last week and I know I havent had any crash, only tippings/knifing fron on corner and I know it was on that side two times.

Swingarm seems very unlikely to bend and doesnt wiggle sideways at all. There is just that res sitting by itself, covered by nothing so it has to be it took touch and maybe that all it takes. 

I mean Ive been bending a new bar from tipping over in the dirt

Do you have any tips on how to try and get it back? As you said its a solid cast so afraid of breaking it apart :p

Just now, Wessmen said:

Yeah, I mean it has popped up the last week and I know I havent had any crash, only tippings/knifing fron on corner and I know it was on that side two times.

Swingarm seems very unlikely to bend and doesnt wiggle sideways at all. There is just that res sitting by itself, covered by nothing so it has to be it took touch and maybe that all it takes. 

I mean Ive been bending a new bar from tipping over in the dirt

I would rule out anything crazy like the swing arm or res itself, especially since you had no big impact, etc. Just tap the mounts out a bit, can be no other reason. You may have flexed it without knowing.

The mounts are the main frame, same piece.
However Im starting to think that it is it. Ive put the res in a vice and no matter who I tell to look says it looks straight. 

Is it likely that the chromo steel bends before the alu parts snap? This is annoying as hell, not like I got stuff laying around to "try".

From the picture it looks as if the push rod going into it is on an angle outward to meet the brake pedal. Meaning it's defiantly pushed inward.

From the picture it looks as if the push rod going into it is on an angle outward to meet the brake pedal. Meaning it's defiantly pushed inward.

1 hour ago, bernie609 said:

Yeah, something is clearly bent inwards but Im not sure its the reservoir. The picture clearly shows its bent and when I put it in a vice, it doesnt look bent at all. Almost slightly towards the other direction. 

Tempted to just haul it to a shop and ask for a piece to try and ruling out one of them. Maybe its enough to heat and hammer the "mounting holes" in the frame, but it could be a costly mistake :/