Crf150r vs crf150rb help

Hello guys iam needing some help well more like clarity IV rode all my life and can handle any bike my problem is iam 5'5 and only 120lbs iam wanting the power of a four stroke but wanna stay around the same bike size as my kx 125. So iam researching g the 150 basically just need to know what or is there a big difference in the 150r and 150rb 

The wheels are larger on the RB,  19"/16" versus the 17"/14" for the smaller R.

Not 100% familiar but it likely has a longer swingarm to fit the larger wheel.

Everything else is mechanically the same, seat height will of course be a bit higher on the RB.

At 5'5" ideally an RB would fit you better but it's still shorter than a KX125.  (125's have full sized 21"/19" wheel)

In all situations (trail, off-road, motocross), having larger wheels is always better to roll over obstacles.

If you already ride a KX125, going to a CRF150R/RB is not an upgrade.

It also depends what type of riding you do, meaning an MX race bike is maybe not the type of bike best suited for your usage.

Edited by mlatour

I ride at windrock and other trails and do alot of hill climbs. But iam tired of having to be on the rev limiter constantly I love the power a four stroke produces but iam not comfortable on the size of the 250 way to tall even after IV lower it

1 hour ago, Calab Stinnet said:

I ride at windrock and other trails and do alot of hill climbs. But iam tired of having to be on the rev limiter constantly I love the power a four stroke produces but iam not comfortable on the size of the 250 way to tall even after IV lower it

Consider the Beta X-Trainer. See if it fits. It's a two-stroke with a difference. Oil injected, so no premix, and tuned for torque, so no need to ever hit the rev limiter. Shorter and lighter than other 250s and 300s, and a great climber.

• Like 1

Might try a flywheel weight on the kx. A 250f is the same size as your 125 plus a couple pounds...

I have a 6oz flywheel add-on weight on my MX track ridden YZ125, and honestly can't say it 'tames down' much of the hit at all.

The main reason I use it is to help prevent engine stalling when braking hard / locking up the rear wheel in

the event I mistime pulling in the clutch. Helpful on the tight corner / short straightaway tracks where I ride.

On the other hand I run a super heavy +12oz flywheel assembly on my off-road CRF250X,

that totally transformed the bike, making the engine very tractable in slick conditions and almost stall proof.

An actual heavier flywheel is usually more effective than an add-on weight, the extra mass isn't spread out the same.

Edited by mlatour