Thumbs Down -Wouldn't it be nice?

I don't know how many times recently I have read some idiotic, immature, self righteous, "tit for tat" post. They leave me shaking my head with a combination of disgust and amazement. I am disgusted when people hijack a thread, sometimes multiple threads to spew their same rhetoric over and over. I amazed that these people have the time to comb TT for threads to hijack and post so prolifically. Additionally I am amazed at how far and low they will go to get the last word or "win" their make believe internet fight.

Which brings me to my point. I have learned not to argue with an idiot. So as an alternative to responding to ridiculous posts wouldn't it be nice to just click on the thumbs down button? Maybe an overwhelming number of "thumbs down " would make these guys realize that the majority of us don't appreciate their posts and maybe , just maybe they'd chill out. What do you think?

• Like 10

18 hours ago, dirtbikesonny said:

I don't know how many times recently I have read some idiotic, immature, self righteous, "tit for tat" post. They leave me shaking my head with a combination of disgust and amazement. I am disgusted when people hijack a thread, sometimes multiple threads to spew their same rhetoric over and over. I amazed that these people have the time to comb TT for threads to hijack and post so prolifically. Additionally I am amazed at how far and low they will go to get the last word or "win" their make believe internet fight.

Which brings me to my point. I have learned not to argue with an idiot. So as an alternative to responding to ridiculous posts wouldn't it be nice to just click on the thumbs down button? Maybe an overwhelming number of "thumbs down " would make these guys realize that the majority of us don't appreciate their posts and maybe , just maybe they'd chill out. What do you think?

I gave this a thumbs down in my head.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 17

This is a forum where mostly middle aged men banter, not just about a toy, but about how well other men play with said toy and which brand of toy is the best. I don't take it too seriously.

• Like 11

A lot of those posts are posted just to get a reaction, I don't think they even believe what they post sometimes.

If anything you will see more of them now as your post is exactly what they are looking for. :lol:

• Like 11

I have mixed opinions on this. On one hand yeah it's a forum and I'm glad it's not like many others where there's mods up the *** constantly and it's more light hearted.

But that the same time I get tired of opening a thread to see the same 3 guys talking about homo sexual relations, or re hashing the same debate - literally in the purest sense re typing the exact sentences they've posted in 10 other threads.

I like posts meant to get a reaction, or banter, but I'd like the topics to be a bit fresher at times.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, dirtbikesonny said:

The majority? Where do you get your statistics? Did Bosch give you the web analytics for TT? Do you just lurk in the pro section? This seems like the first time I've ever seen you post in this section. What is your end game? What do you want to read? Please tell us how to post politely so your not disgusted anymore. Maybe you could post more in the pro section and get some converts.  If you lurk like I think, you'll know I detest when people demand one answer a question. Your whole post is self righteous,  You infer a superior station in life compared to posters here. I would never try and chase someone from TT, as it is a business that I support. But Vital might be a better option for your delicate constitution. OR, you could post an opinion or start a thread on yesterdays race instead of sniveling like a little bitch. Did I tick all your boxes? Good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, M1Garand said:

A lot of those posts are posted just to get a reaction, I don't think they even believe what they post sometimes.

If anything you will see more of them now as your post is exactly what they are looking for. :lol:

I hope I'm one "of them".

• Like 6

Quit being a Sally and put your big boy pants on.......

• Like 8

Good luck with that, negative attention is still attention, attention whores don't ker.

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 5

I have mixed opinions on this. On one hand yeah it's a forum and I'm glad it's not like many others where there's mods up the *** constantly and it's more light hearted.

But that the same time I get tired of opening a thread to see the same 3 guys talking about homo sexual relations, or re hashing the same debate - literally in the purest sense re typing the exact sentences they've posted in 10 other threads.

I like posts meant to get a reaction, or banter, but I'd like the topics to be a bit fresher at times.

Aww, what's the matter Bunky, topics too stale? You want a refresh? Screenshot_20170813-141535.jpg

• Like 2

400 posts in a decade, just keep lurkin bruh. Screenshot_20170813-142143.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 150dirtcomber said:

What's your view on Rotella, and if you don't like Rekluses, then we already know your sexuality...So...:thumbsdn:  Is that better?

• Like 3

Wait what's going on, I literally have no clue.

Just offering an opinion. I'm not upset, just discussing a topic.

• Like 2

I think this is a set up. OP won't even weigh in. He must be sitting back in his library puffing on a pipe in his dinner jacket chortling on to his minions about how fabulous his wit and writing style are. Ahhhhh if I could only.... Maybe he needs a protege. I'm keeping this bike related BTW

Edited by portlandcsc
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

Aww, what's the matter Bunky, topics too stale? You want a refresh? Screenshot_20170813-141535.jpg

14 minutes ago, trailrydr9 said:

What's your view on Rotella, and if you don't like Rekluses, then we already know your sexuality...So...:thumbsdn:  Is that better?

What did I say that struck such a nerve?

• Like 2

I think this is a set up. OP won't even weigh in. He must be sitting back in his library puffing on a pipe in his dinner jacket chortling on to his minions about how fabulous his wit and writing style are. Ahhhhh if I could only.... Maybe he needs a protege.

He's definitely chortling on something.....Screenshot_20170813-144804.jpg

• Like 1

So as an alternative to responding to ridiculous posts wouldn't it be nice to just click on the thumbs down button?

I agree. There should be a thumbs down button. Is TT a place only for tabulating positive feedback (thumbs up count)? It should be just as easy to register a simple criticism as it is a simple compliment. Good point, dirtbikesonny.

4 hours ago, M1Garand said:

I feel like he just threw a bunch of chum in the water....

• Like 4