And people say oil forks are easy lol

I have a 12 rmz 450 ( 48 mm Showa forks) so the brake side fork keeps leaking on the lower tube. It has had 3 sets of seals put in by a Certified mechanic that has done mine in the past with no issues it has also had new bushings put in it aswell. Used all balls wipers and seals twice and then most recently oem Honda seals and wipers ( I know it's a suzuki but my local delear does not sale suzuki, but these showas are the same ones that was on some Honda models) I have taken a cotton ball and rubbed it over the lower tube to look for sharp pieces of metal that could possibly cut the seal and have found nothing. Any of you other guys have any ideas what could be the issue ? The seal will leak just enough to attract dust if all the jumps and cleared and etc but if you case or come up short or any hard landing then the fork will leak quite bad. Even with the bike on the ground and being rocked back and forth the fork will leak. I'm stumped on what could be the problem

I've had a fork leak on me because I wasn't installing the axle correctly so the stanchions weren't parallel, and I've also had another leak because of a slightly bent lower stanchion.

• Like 2

I've had a fork leak on me because I wasn't installing the axle correctly so the stanchions weren't parallel, and I've also had another leak because of a slightly bent lower stanchion.

Right I thought it was the axle at first but I'm 99% sure it's correct going to sand the lower with fine sand paper tomorrow and get it ready to install a new seal

Yes

I have looked at them several times and couldn't see nothing I sanded and polished the leg today going to see if it helps

My 11 had this issue. From the research I did before getting rid of the bike was the coating was too thin on the lower tubes. I went through bushing and seals like crazy for two seasons before figuring it out. The tubes even after a rebuild are always a bit too loose in the uppers and the seals just never seem to last. Purchase new lowers or get the old ones recoated

• Like 2