07 wr450 triple clamp offset recommendation

I recently converted my 06 yz450 to an 07 wr450 frame to have a license plate. Everything on the bike is 06 yz except the frame. Ever since I did this conversion the bike is slightly slower to turn in that before and in the tight single track I prefer a quicker turning chassis than what I ended up with. My question is, can this be remedied with triple clamp offset, and if so what offset? Also what year clamps will work with this chassis besides the obvious 06-09?

What about your sag settings and your fork height position
That bike likes a 100mm or less race sag for single track

Fork height is 5mm and sag is aprox 102mm

5 minutes ago, Woodsweapon350 said:

Fork height is 5mm and sag is aprox 102mm

Go to 95 and see if it turns better.

I personally did not like the YZ clamps when I had them. Yes, they were quicker turning by a small margin, but the feel and feedback was not as precise

Go to 95 and see if it turns better.
I personally did not like the YZ clamps when I had them. Yes, they were quicker turning by a small margin, but the feel and feedback was not as precise

Ok I will try to get as close to that as I can without going way out on static sag. No when you say yz clamps, are you talking about them as an upgrade for me? I am currently use 06 yz clamps and suspension. The only thing on this bike that is WR is the frame and tank.

1 hour ago, Woodsweapon350 said:

Ok I will try to get as close to that as I can without going way out on static sag. No when you say yz clamps, are you talking about them as an upgrade for me? I am currently use 06 yz clamps and suspension. The only thing on this bike that is WR is the frame and tank.

Yeah, I missed that. I found the steel chassis to be slower turning......so I'm not sure. Maybe move your rear axle forward? 

Yeah, I missed that. I found the steel chassis to be slower turning......so I'm not sure. Maybe move your rear axle forward? 

The axle is about mid way. I shortened up the sag so I'll give that a shot. While I've got you, are 07 cams an upgrade for the 06?
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Woodsweapon350 said:

The axle is about mid way. I shortened up the sag so I'll give that a shot. While I've got you, are 07 cams an upgrade for the 06?

No, the '06 YZ cams are more agressive, if I remember correctly, they when softer every year after.

No, the '06 YZ cams are more agressive, if I remember correctly, they when softer every year after.

Ok well that being said let me ask you this, if you were going to do a complete tear down and rebuild over the winter what would you do as far as performance upgrades? I plan on doing WR 4th and 5th gear, but I feel like the motor falls off up top when I would like it to pull longer like an efi 450. I understand that there is a difference between the new 450's and mine but I would still like to play with it and make some more power.

Just now, Woodsweapon350 said:

Ok well that being said let me ask you this, if you were going to do a complete tear down and rebuild over the winter what would you do as far as performance upgrades? I plan on doing WR 4th and 5th gear, but I feel like the motor falls off up top when I would like it to pull longer like an efi 450. I understand that there is a difference between the new 450's and mine but I would still like to play with it and make some more power.

More power cannot be had by a different cam, unless you 'take it' from some other part of the rpm range. Get the head ported if you want the next step. It's most reliable way to add power. 

I liked the 13.5:1 JE piston, Ported head, '07 YZ cams (could not find new '06) and Dynatek or Vortex ignition, mated to the full Pro Circuit T6 exhuast. Long, strong power with fantastic throtte response.

• Like 1

More power cannot be had by a different cam, unless you 'take it' from some other part of the rpm range. Get the head ported if you want the next step. It's most reliable way to add power. 
I liked the 13.5:1 JE piston, Ported head, '07 YZ cams (could not find new '06) and Dynatek or Vortex ignition, mated to the full Pro Circuit T6 exhuast. Long, strong power with fantastic throtte response.

Upping the compression was on the list, who was your go to guy for port work?