Suspension Adjustment

I have a ktm 300 xcw 2014 and I have problem in the suspension, I have 150lbs and I can not find the ideal suspension point I tried to follow the manual and leave in comfort but the bike still gets hard and in any stone on the way I feel the knock on the handlebar recently I changed the oil and put 5w, could someone help me with the clicks to try to help me?

• Like 1

Using the clickers is for fine tuning. You need to change your fork springs and shock spring to accommodate your weight. The springs that come on your bike from the factory is suited for someone that weighs between 165lbs - 185lbs with gear on. You weigh a bit more than me so I would go with the 66/250 rear and 4.0 N/mm springs for the fork. I weigh about 140lbs so I went with the 63/250 rear spring and .38 N/mm fork springs. I have a 2015 KTM 250 XC-W.

Edited by Saint728

Does the 2014 still have the Open Chamber forks?

And 5 wt. oil is probably too heavy. I think I'd opt for 2.5 wt. and and decrease the oil level from what book spec says, if it even gives a height spec. I'm about 165 lb. ready to ride weight and I have mine set to 130mm oil height, 2.5 wt. oil on my 2013 xcw.

A 2014 XC300 will have 4cs forks (4 chamber system). There is lots of discussion of these forks on the various forums. Be sure and bleed the pressure in the forks before each ride.

Cliff

15 minutes ago, Ndrorder said:

A 2014 XC300 will have 4cs forks (4 chamber system). There is lots of discussion of these forks on the various forums. Be sure and bleed the pressure in the forks before each ride.

Cliff

He has a 2014 300 XC-W, totally different fork than the 2014 300 XC.