TTR 225 Suspension

Hey all, I am new to the forums and dirt in general. (street rider) I am looking at getting a TTR-225 this week. I know that this has a few threads already but I was unable to find links to products with an exact fit. I was wondering what the best suspension would be for this bike. I am new to upgrading suspension so would I just need stiffer fork springs, what exactly do I need to change? And what difference if any do RaceTech gold valves make? I won't be jumping the bike, I would just like to have something that has stiffer suspension than a stock TTR-225. I will be doing trail riding in Georgia, with mud crossing, mostly decently packed dirt/clay what would work best for my application? And who makes a good skid plate for the bike? Please provide links to all things mentioned. Thanks!

Nick

Edited by SlowDirt03

If you haven't yet check out what Pro Cycle offers. But since the TTR is considered a beginner or play bike there might not be a lot of options.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Yeah the ttr225 doesn't have a lot of suspension, but it works pretty good for woods. Woods riders like a soft/plush suspension, unlike motocross or flattrack where you want it stiffer. You might try it out and see before stiffening it up too much... or look for a bike with a little more suspension, like a ttr250. My bro-in-law has a 225, he opened up the air box and put aftermarket exhaust on and rejetted the carb. It runs real good and he likes the lower seat height since he's a smaller guy.