'06 Honda crf450r vs '12 Yamaha yz450f -- both like new, which one should I keep?

I have acquired two mx bikes in perfect condition, low hours, like new. One is an '06 Honda crf450 and the other is a '12 Yamaha yz450. The Honda was a barn find with 2 hours on it. The Yamaha was a practice bike with 10 hours on it. I bought them both on Craigslist for the Southern California desert, one for me, and one for my son when he comes for a visit. Yeah, I think these bikes are wrong for the desert, especially since I'm old and neither bike has electric start. I find that here in the desert it's hard to start a bike when it's 100 degrees outside and you're already exhausted. So I want to sell one bike and keep the other. Then I want to get a KTM 250 xc with electric start. So which one should I sell? I like the Honda better, but the YZ has EFI while the Honda does not. Yet the Honda has a hot start button, while the Yamaha does not. I think the Honda handles better, but maybe they're not set up exactly the same (sprockets, clickers). Help me out with your ideas. I can't decide which one to keep.

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

If you hate your son keep the Honda.  If your ambivalent about your son keep the Yamaha.  If you love your son sell them both and buy another KTM, Husky or Beta.

Doc

• Like 1

Put them both up for sale for more than you think they are worth and keep the one that doesn't sale. Both great bikes. Yamaha is probably more reliable but if it isn't going to be ridden that much it shouldn't make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G900T using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1