Cody Webb wins Tennessee Knockout, Gerston 4th Ashburn 5th as warmup for Endurocross starting this weekend

Cody beat the world's best, Graham Jarvis and got his 5th win in a row. The format is better suited to an endurocross guy since it is not an all day event.

http://tennesseeknockoutenduro.com/

https://dirtbikemagazine.com/tennessee-knock-out-webb-vs-jarvis/

Here's the guy who did the above video from TX in the event on a Beta! I've got to assume he doesn't post here, I've forgotten his name, but he posts at VitalMX and did a video interview of Eric Peronard about the new Endurocross format for this year.

Ashburn was contending for a while for 3rd but got passed by Max at the finish. They finished 3 laps behind the leaders...Brutal Gnarly stuff.

Now Endurocross starts in Vegas this weekend, Ashburn is not signed up for that, but just like Max's skills cross over to Hare & Hound, Ashburn looks like he knows rocks.

Morgan Tanke won the women's class on the Beta too!

Chris we are counting on you to get us the inside scoop on the Endurocross season this year. Best of luck to Ty and the Beta team.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 4

I got to spend the day riding with Cody Webb back when he was still on a Beta, I think it was 2012, I know the bike was white.  Super nice guy and crazy talented on the bike, he did stuff on some of our hardest hills that just made the rest of us look like little girls. 

• Like 4

It's not a surprise at all that Cody beat Graham there. Cody knows that place and rides that terrain really well. In 2014 Cody's last year with Beta I minded for him at a national trials there (a minder rides the loop with the rider, helps them out, works on the bike, catches them if they don't make it up something etc.) Cody won both days in the rain and slick. The things he did and how he found traction where amazing, even compared to other pro trials riders like Pat Smage. I would be shocked if he got beat at the TKO!

As for EX,  we're still not sure what to think of the new format. Seems kinda confusing at this point, but we'll see.

Ty is going up to pick up his race bike tomorrow. I'll show it off later this week.  It's a 2018 350 RR... not RR-S 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ccullins said:

Ty is going up to pick up his race bike tomorrow. I'll show it off later this week.  It's a 2018 350 RR... not RR-S 

RR or RE?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, motoxgiant said:

RR or RE?

Euro RR, duel injection. Race editions aren't out yet, however what the race team builds them into it really doesn't make a difference if they start out with a RR or RE. 

• Like 3

Just now, ccullins said:

Euro RR, duel injection. Race editions aren't out yet, however what the race team builds them into it really doesn't make a difference if they start out with a RR or RE. 

That's what I suspected. Race shop legs, rider personalization, etc etc

I punched his card at the Columbia Cup observed trials several years ago (clean of course).  Made our club level Champ Class look like intermediate.  Yes, he is a nice guy.  Since it was a regional event and not a true pro-level event, he quietly took his trophy and gave the spotlight to the other participants.  I'm glad to have seen him ride up close.  It reset my expectations of what the highest skill level is.