The new "TT" Tree Talk!

But really, I need a new chainsaw...

Gas powered 16" around $400ish? 

Got a lot of trees I need to cut and they vary from Palm to Oak

• Like 1

Love my Stihl Farmboss.  Came with a 20 inch bar and chain that I use all the time....  I bought a 16 inch spare bar and chain too. Not sure I'd use it unless strapping the thing to the bike.

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Speed-Freek said:

But really, I need a new chainsaw...

Gas powered 16" around $400ish? 

Got a lot of trees I need to cut and they vary from Palm to Oak

oak is a tough material and little saws will be worked hard.

palm is also really tough on saws because the fibers will clog every crevice of the saw and the friction pulls the power right out of the saw.

im not 100% on all of the stihl pricing because pricing at my job isnt ever an issue. as jeff said, the ms250/260/270 are all nice saws and have been put to the test for longterm use. my personal favorite do-it-all saw is the ms361, but it has been redesigned to the ms362 which im not as fond of and costs/weighs more. you can find good used 361's for good prices and they will cut through anything with relative ease and can run all bars between 18"-24".

go to the stihl website and browse a bit.

• Like 4

MS290 looks good...I like the 361 or 362 but damn they are pricey! Scared ty buy used one due to possible lack of maintenance, its possibly like buying a clapped out YZ125.

Scared ty buy used one due to possible lack of maintenance, its possibly like buying Frank's YZ250.

Fixed it for you ^^^
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mitchb said:

Fixed it for you ^^^

Haha, at least the forks will be reworked ;)

2 hours ago, the Riddler. said:

You'll ruin a saw on palm trees, I'm no expert and I know that, hire someone

Yeah its nasty stuff, done it before, on those I would probably rent a saw from the local equipment rental place, lol.

After looking it looks like the MS260 C-M is the one I want, damn thing is $150 more than I want to spend!

1 hour ago, Mongo134 said:

Trickery.... False news.... I won't fall for it. I've never seen a single tree in any SoCal vid posted. What you need are Safety Scissors

Fixed. 

I was up till 3 fawking AM last night looking at Chainsaws. 

And Im also impatient and want to just go get that 455 Husky at Lowe's.

Feel like I'm buying a dirtbike, looking at CC's, horsepower or (Nm) and weight trying to compare. 

Wonder if I can just put on a chainsaw chain on my CR500 and use that, but riding it to the tree will most certainly ruin the blades.