Tuubliss issue when tightening spokes...

I was tightening the spokes on my front wheel tonight, and I suddenly heard a hissing sound, and it appears that I have a leak in my inner bladder.

I haven't taken it apart yet, but I'm assuming that it broke the liner, and then tore the tube.  I didn't really tighten any spokes that much though.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Jeff the owner of tubliss is amazing. Email him and explain you made a mistake and didn't lower the pressure in high pressure bladder and he may ship you one out for free. Maybe. He really stands behind his product I've learned.

Anyways I read the directions super carefully and it does say to lower the pressure before adjusting the spokes. I had a loose spoke on my rear tire and had tighten it up a year ago or so.

IMG_2032.thumb.jpg.c055aac95989202c017e11639b9f948a.jpg

4 hours ago, Deepseadan said:

Jeff the owner of tubliss is amazing. Email him and explain you made a mistake and didn't lower the pressure in high pressure bladder and he may ship you one out for free. Maybe. He really stands behind his product I've learned.

Anyways I read the directions super carefully and it does say to lower the pressure before adjusting the spokes. I had a loose spoke on my rear tire and had tighten it up a year ago or so.

IMG_2032.thumb.jpg.c055aac95989202c017e11639b9f948a.jpg

I actually went to their website AFTER the fact, and I didn't see this.  I was looking in the FAQ section.  I quickly skimmed the directions, but didn't see this.

As for ordering one, live and learn.  Now I know.  I don't think that it's right to have him pay for my stupidity...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...