Just bought a 2018 EXC500, some questions..

Hello guys, just joined!

So I just picked it up yesterday. Was a 1100km drive and was home a bit late so went to straigth to sleep. Then I woke up to a dilemma..

The dealer made it to be "full power", and removed some suppressors from the exhaust, and the lambda sensor.

Do I need to remap it now? Some said that let it idle for like 5mins, it'll figure itself out, but that sounds weird. Then again, the lambda wire was disconnected and the engine light didn't start to shine, that could mean it is true.. 6JO3W7N.gif

When I bought my new Triumph, I put a better "breathing" pipe on it and had to remap it to go a bit richer. Well, the dealership did that for me before I picked it up.

I don't no what the "euro map" for the ecu is, I live in Europe so shouldn't it be a stock map? :smirk:

Btw should there be a suppressor where the cylinder and the exhaust connect? My 300EXC had?

I wanna make sure, that they really have removed every "blockage" :D

Also this:

http://adbmag.com.au/editorial/1835/

Edited by Nartsa

If the dealership did all that for you I'd assume that you have the correct map installed if you don't have an engine light on. Image sure other's will chime in, enjoy your new ride.

You will be the same as the uk spec bikes whereby the dealer pulls all the emissions stuff (lambda sensor, kick stand sensor and restricted map) before you bring it home. Nothing to worry about I would think

Cool, thaks for the replys.

1hour now in the odometer. What can I say? Theres plenty of power atleast, and it's light, feels very light.

What front sprocket is usuall for enduro in these? I got one 13spike that came as extra with the bike, and it seems that the bike has now 14 or 15spiked.

Top speed was around 160km/h(100mph) and still could pull a power wheelie riding ~90km/h in 5th gear. :smirk:

I love it. Tomorrow 1hr oil change and then go ride some serious enduro.

The handbook says that after 1hr you should check valve clearance, but my experienced friend said that, "blah, no need"...?

Swamps and sandpits, we're coming for you.

Edited by Nartsa

best combo for all out power and performance;

14/52 gears

Vortex ECU

FMF Q4 slip on

Scotts under bar damper

Emissions delete

new tires

27 minutes ago, Airboss/oc said:

14/52 gears

Vortex ECU

FMF Q4 slip on

Scotts under bar damper

Emissions delete

new tires

I get the others but why a new ECU?

I think I'm still going for the 13/52. 1st gear seems a bit too fast for slow forest riding.

Edited by Nartsa

A new ECU will give you potentiall better maps and more control over making adjustments.  Don't forget to dial in the TPS for the best possible response down low! 

Nartsa, you won't have to worry about ecu upgrades or tps as our European bikes don't come with any restrictions. The Americans do. You'll find your bike was designed to use the 13 front sprocket (14 is to help pass emissions etc) and not intended for use. Gearing is a very personal thing though so use what works for you

I guess I'll have to buy that 69nm rear spring, since im ~93kg.

Meanwhile does it help to transfer the weight a bit more to the front by lowering the front few millimeters?

Now its a bit rear heavy and tends to wobble a bit on high speeds.

You  don't need a new ecu, the stock ecu is fine. Just make sure the right map is flashed. Which must happen if all restrictions are removed (airbox and exhaust). 

Just as a bonus a picture of the new love of my life:

natzuKe.jpg

Feel a bit &%$#@!ed because the bottom guard isn't a standard anymore, so had to buy it(130€, plastic).

But something positive: I thought that the radiator fan is only in Sixdays models(and Husqvarnas) but hell no, it was in this too. :)

Edited by Nartsa
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, xrbrp said:

Got a picture from the other side?

Sry not at this time. Why?

14/52 gears
Vortex ECU
FMF Q4 slip on
Scotts under bar damper
Emissions delete
new tires

If you're looking for best performance the fmf 4.1 with db killer is a better option than the q4. The 4.1 with db killer is nearly the loudness as stock, just a little more throaty sounding.

Also I've tried the under bar and top mount for the steering damper and top keeps the stock feel which I like better for sitting down. For lots of standing the under mount does feel better though.

4 hours ago, jamesw9404 said:

Nartsa, you won't have to worry about ecu upgrades or tps as our European bikes don't come with any restrictions. The Americans do. You'll find your bike was designed to use the 13 front sprocket (14 is to help pass emissions etc) and not intended for use. Gearing is a very personal thing though so use what works for you

Fine tuning the TPS helps on all FI bikes, even the motocross bikes. It's not a "more power" thing, but a cleaner running for the first 1/4-1/3 throttle thing.  At the factory they get the basic factory setting which always works, but some fine tuning can make it bettter.