1986 XR80R - but the carb doesn't match the parts lists

Maybe someone can help me identify this carb.  The bike was rebuilt at some time in its life, and all the pics and parts lists for this model show a carb with a long metal lever for the choke, but this one has the sideways plastic lever.  I ordered a new low-speed (pilot?) jet for it, before I noticed it doesn't match the parts list.  I'm hoping the jet will still fit.  I got a jet from a Chinese carb kit, and the jet wasn't a close enough match, thread diameter was too small, and the emulsion tube was smaller, too.  So I've got a Honda part number jet on the way ($16!)  Now I'm wondering if this is even a real Keihin, or could it be a Chinese "Keihin" carb someone slapped on there at some point?  Seems like it's been on there a long time.  The jet was really bent, no idea how someone could even do that, but it snapped when I tried to bend it back so it would fit in the threaded hole properly.

If the jet fits, my boy should be riding by next week at the latest.  He's very excited, says he can hear dirtbikes in the distance all the time (we live at the edge of a small town in Arizona, lots of trails start right across the street.)  We have a Yamaha Warrior 350, which he loves, but I always tell him there's nothing like riding, and he's anxious to try it out (12 years old.)

Before we moved here a couple months ago, you'd be lucky to get him of the computer for 5 minutes, now he's outside all day.  And in a place where it's safe for a kid to ride his bike around the block if he wants.

Thanks!

Scott in Snowflake AZ

carb1.jpg.a4ae7d283538acaeec9c6479fd903998.jpgcarb2.jpg.99252fa20e4579755380260325b83728.jpg

Yes, sure on the year, but pretty sure the carb isn't original.  So the big problem is, how do I replace the jet, if I can't figure out what carb I have?

This carb is of a '81 XL100S - US version.

Usually the 80cc XR runs a PC10/PC20 Keihin, but maybe it will work well with the bigger carb too.

Guess you would need a #38 pilot and a set of mains between 80 and 120 to trim the carb.

Just my 50 cents ;)

Unbenannt.JPG

Thanks, that really helps!

I've already ordered one of the cheap-Chinese "replacement" carbs for the XR80R, which may or may not work (they're hit-or-miss, I'm well aware, but very cheap.)  I can now find the one missing jet I need and at least get this carb up and working again, or if the Chinese one works out, I can sell this one since I know what I have for sale.

I'm a huge fan of the quality of the Japanese carbs over the Chinese copies, but this is just a little dirt squirt bike, for my 12 year old, so hopefully one way or the other I get the thing going soon.

Now I've got my eye on an old XT225 for myself, and the boy and I would be able to hit the trails together!  Exactly why I left NY for Arizona 3 months ago...

You're welcome.

The XT225 seems to be a nice powerfull lightweight.

All the best from Germany, where all these bikes were never sold. Have a good time on Arizona trails.