Ever have a flasher relay go bad?

I wonder.  My right turn signals don't work, instead, the headlight and tail light sort of flash while the left set work perfectly.  

I have read that when flashers go bad, it could be the relay.  I found it behind the headlight shell and ordered a new one from Amazon that will plug and play.  

I have something going on as after work today, the left-side turn signals went out and there is nothing on the right either.  Can't be bulbs and there is no clicking coming from the flasher relay anymore.  I had also smelled something electrical burning.  

I'll have the new flasher tomorrow to put in and I hope it solves the problem.  

My flasher went bad, but here is why;

I had wired up a pair of Tuff Lites, but instead of doing it the somewhat-right way, I simply twisted the wires together, liquid taped over the connections, then taped the connections together=really dumb.  The vibration had the wires rub together and they must have shorted that side of the flasher relay.  Eventually they shorted the entire relay as nothing worked.  

In a way, it was good it happened as I got an LED relay from Amazon for $6.99 shipped Prime.  I pulled the wires out, separated them and when I had plugged the relay in, everything worked-yay!  The lights even flash normally and I didn't have to adjust anything on the flasher.  Total user-error.  

My flasher relay had a broken wire on my 16 300rr @ around 160hrs.  Not really sure why it happened but i fixed it and zip tied it securely so it shouldn't happen again.