supersprox sprockets?

Anyone use these? I want to do a new sprocket and chain and am not sure what to get. The OEM set up isn't to bad for me and I would rather not loose road speed in each gear. Ideally I would like to make the gears a little taller and fill the rest in with power to keep it at stock acceleration or better. Anyone run a 16t front sprocket?

I would have to get a different chain if I increase the large sprox correct?

I don't think I would want to go higher then 47-48 out back.

What about 16t front 48-52t rear, not sure what kind of strain that would put on the motor/transmission. Is it advised to mix and match sprockets.

The supersprox hybrid rear sprocket looks good but they only seem to have smaller front options.

If you want taller gearing than you're going the wrong way on the rear sprocket. I'm assuming you have an S model, in which case stock gearing is 15/44. Going to 16/48 or 16/50 would net a lower gear ratio. You need to increase tooth count in front and decrease tooth count in rear to net taller gearing.

For those that like taller gearing, most settle around 15/41.

• Like 1

16 in the front requires slight mods but i like it and think its smoother and easier on everything .. larger than 50 in the back may not be so great for the chain guide .. getting a new chain is a given, just do it, but make sure you have the gearing you want before you size the chain .... i think the easiest way to decide on the street is go off of the 'S' gearing of 15/44 which is the best all around compromise for 18/21 rims - changing 1 tooth in the front or 3 in the rear changes the speed you will get the same rpm's by about 5mph but dont go higher than 16/44 or 15/41 ... 16/47 would be about the same as 15/44 but you'd need a longer chain for sure ...

..  the supersprox 'look' pretty good anyway, but ive found that the tooth profile on some sprockets isnt real compatible with some chains though, and like to use JT brand steel out back and sunstar in the front ..

I've had the supersprox for 20,000 km.  On my second front sprocket.  I like them.  I run 15-41.  And 16-41 when I'm going to be on the highway for a while. (same chain)

2003 E 434 cc

• Like 1

I have a black steel JT 39T with maybe 10 miles on it. I'll sell it cheap if anyone wants it.

I see I was going off this chart

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/blog/2011/04/25/adjusting-your-drive-ratio-changing-your-sprockets-for-maximum-performance/

I have an SM model from '14 I think its 15/44 but idk. Different sites have different stuff for my bike. But if thats true its 2.93 according to the chaparral article, and the specs I mentioned would be from 3.0 - 3.25 I think. I want something durable for now so I was thinking steel.

Only thing about going taller right now is the bike is completely stock and still 321+ lbs with all the shit I added too it. I want to do a bbk, carb and crank before going taller at the moment. 

Where do you guys get these supersprox sprockets? Ive only seen 2-3 rear sprockets and 13-14 front sprockets. Emailed the company with no response.                      

Apparently they are good quality and last a long time. My friend has 5,000 miles on a twin ring one (alu carrier, steel teeth) and it looks brand new.

I see I was going off this chart
http://www.chaparral-racing.com/blog/2011/04/25/adjusting-your-drive-ratio-changing-your-sprockets-for-maximum-performance/

I have an SM model from '14 I think its 15/44 but idk. Different sites have different stuff for my bike. But if thats true its 2.93 according to the chaparral article, and the specs I mentioned would be from 3.0 - 3.25 I think. I want something durable for now so I was thinking steel.

Only thing about going taller right now is the bike is completely stock and still 321+ lbs with all the shit I added too it. I want to do a bbk, carb and crank before going taller at the moment. 

Where do you guys get these supersprox sprockets? Ive only seen 2-3 rear sprockets and 13-14 front sprockets. Emailed the company with no response.                      
SM factory gearing is 15/41.

9 hours ago, LeeHoudini said:

yeah 15/41 stock and you can get away with 15/39 to make highway riding a little better without losing too much power. In my educated opinion you are better off leaving the front sprocket alone and making your adjustments in the back. A smaller front increases chain and chain slider wear, and there isnt room for a 16 without removing modifying things and losing protection if a chain breaks and balls up at the case. Pro taper makes a steel 15 ultralight for the front and you can go with a steel 39 sunstar in the back or pick up a hard anodized for the back.

I had a 16T and didn't have to modify anything. Just had to squeeze it past the chain slider.

• Like 1

I had a 16T and didn't have to modify anything. Just had to squeeze it past the chain slider.

Same here, and if you run a good quality chain with a rivit master, you would have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than breaking a chain.

Sent from my LG-D852 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

Same here, and if you run a good quality chain with a rivit master, you would have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than breaking a chain.

Sent from my LG-D852 using ThumperTalk mobile app

What brand 16 tooth are you using. I had a 16 sunstar I believe few years ago and it required more than 1/2 the case saver be filed away in the middle to clear the 16 sprocket.

I do recall reading the driven brand 16 tooth had a slightly smaller diameter.

11 hours ago, sbmon said:

What brand 16 tooth are you using. I had a 16 sunstar I believe few years ago and it required more than 1/2 the case saver be filed away in the middle to clear the 16 sprocket.

I do recall reading the driven brand 16 tooth had a slightly smaller diameter.

I think it was sunstar ,  but I ground  couple of mm's off the top of each tooth, been working great.

whats the deal with the chain? What are some top tier chains that I can get? RK chains?

I think I stretched my chain trying to set it for the first time and pretty sure i did it all wrong so want to change it out now.

On 8/16/2017 at 2:05 AM, LeeHoudini said:

A smaller front increases chain and chain slider wear, and there isnt room for a 16 without removing modifying things and losing protection if a chain breaks and balls up at the case. 

This has been my experience as well.  I was a huge fan of the 15/41 for street / highway use.  I used Sunstars exclusively... cuz they're cheap and good.  Whatever sprocket you use, keep the chain clean, lubed, and properly tensioned, and it will last a long time.

Whatever direction you go, pay attention to your chain size (length).  If I recall, stock S/E chain is 112 link.  SM is 110 link.  15/41 works great on 110 link.  You're limited on how big you can go on the rear with a 110 link.  At the same time, you're limited on how small you can go on the rear with a 112.  

I have a brand new Sunstar 13t front, 44t rear, and 47t rear that I'd be happy to sell. PM me if interested.

Edited by 4strokeOnly