Throttle cables drag FCR

I just swapped over my 05 Crf450x FCR to my L and can't figure out why there is so much drag. My old carb was fine, so it's not worn out or kinked cables. They look great actually. On its own the Fcr carb snaps right back. I ground down the body where the return cable enters like brianhare suggests. Not sure I want to only use the pull cable like some suggest. Thoughts?

you cant have the cables fighting each other at all, the closign cable should be slack when your on the opening cable

and sometimes inside the throttle tube housing, the cable can slip off the guide

also check your grip

5 minutes ago, EnglertRacing said:

you cant have the cables fighting each other at all, the closign cable should be slack when your on the opening cable

and sometimes inside the throttle tube housing, the cable can slip off the guide

also check your grip

Yeah I checked the white plastic guide in the throttle to make sure it hadn't fallen underneath and was binding but it wasn't. Lubed everything up at the handlebars but it seems like you say there isn't enough slack for the return cable. Tried the pull cable only just now and it snaps back no problem.

Never mind! I'm not as smart as I think I am. Was trying to keep the cables taut but like Englerrtacing said the cables can't be fight each other. Smooth as silk now. Thanks!

• Like 3