Need torque spec for handlebar clamp

Sorry for this simple/lazy question, but I can't seem to find it online or in a search of the forum.  I thought I had it in a workbook file but don't.  Also, thought it might be in the CRF230 workbook online, but if it is I couldn't find it.

I'm replacing my handlebars for the first time on my 230F ('12) and have been sure to take my time (I hate to admit it, but I've never done it before, easy enough though.)  I just need the right torque spec for the bolts on the bar clamps.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by scridercoach

Thanks!  I appreciate it.  I had a suspicion that was the ft/lbs., but didn't want to just guess.  Thanks for the Tradebit tip, as well.

Edited by scridercoach

2 hours ago, scridercoach said:

Thanks!  I appreciate it.  I had a suspicion that was the ft/lbs., but didn't want to just guess.  Thanks for the Tradebit tip, as well.

Glad to help. My repair manual is right here handy if you have anymore info needs

• Like 1

To quote an old Bultaco manual,

" At no time should you get into a contest of strength with the nuts and bolts on your motorcycle "

40 year old advice still holds true 🤔

• Like 2

I agree, but I also have owned Bultacos.  I use 1/4" drive ratchets for working on bikes and those bolts only get a wrist twist.  Two things happen if you over tighten; the bolts will seize and be difficult to remove, or they will break during removal or when tightening. It really happens, I have a triple clamp i bought on ebay with a broken bolt.