should all plastics knock and click while riding?

just asking...

especially in front, forks covers etc.

Edited by motf

the brake will make them rattle a bit if not secured proper. also as plastic wears the mounting holes enlarge and loosen fitting

Haven't had any knocking or rattling that I've noticed, but that may just be because my chain noise and aluminum skid plate make for a noisy experience all around. Hard to pinpoint what's making what noise sometimes.

Side note -- Literally all of my shroud plastic screws are stripped. They somehow don't back out, though, it's almost like they're designed to just burrow into the plastic lol.

it's kinda annoying riding off-road. Looks like some rattling indeed from brake line and maybe some form the tail?

Strangely today I found by license plate bent up although didn't do any wheelies yet.  Vibration could so this?

Edited by motf

5 minutes ago, oldfuddy said:

Not sure what bike you have.... but the EXC's will eat license plates with fresh knobbies and the wheel back in the swingarm.

looks like mine is slowly being eaten...  I have  500 exc.

No worries. Plenty of options. Get your google-foo on. You can swap out the rear black plate holder for about $15 with an $80 plug n play light and keep it Ktm or several aftermarket options for roughly the same price. Your plate will then be fine.