OEM packing vs aftermarket packing

8 hours ago, wingman111 said:

You can say what you want, but the Honda packing is very dense and has a metallic wrap around the perforated core and holds up many times longer than even the finest aftermarket packing.

I agree it is quality packing. Just frustrates me that Honda charges so damn much.

2 hours ago, HRC27 said:

The difference, as said, is price. I have the FMF stuff in mine. 

I have not done a re-pack to the 17 yet. As for my 02 and 08, they both have/had (sold the 02) MRD exhaust so I buy the packing from Dave. He charges $20 and it is good quality packing

• Like 1

I highly recommend the MRD. You will not find better quality and it come with a 6 month warranty for dents!

It gave my 02 overall performance but it was most noticeable on the bottom to mid

I did the following to my 02 and it was a pretty damn fast 02

Complete 05 ignition

06 carb

CP 13.5:1 piston

MRD Exhaust

04 airbox

08 intake boot

My 08 is a firebreather. 13.5:1 CP piston, ported head, Ron Hamp cam, MRD exhaust.I run VP U 4:4 in it.  It is faster then my 17 with a full Yosh exhaust. I built the 08 from scratch and I have never ridden it with anything but the MRD so it would be hard to say what the difference is over stock or some other brand

4 hours ago, mrmoto35 said:

I highly recommend the MRD. You will not find better quality and it come with a 6 month warranty for dents!

It gave my 02 overall performance but it was most noticeable on the bottom to mid

I did the following to my 02 and it was a pretty damn fast 02

Complete 05 ignition

06 carb

CP 13.5:1 piston

MRD Exhaust

04 airbox

08 intake boot

My 08 is a firebreather. 13.5:1 CP piston, ported head, Ron Hamp cam, MRD exhaust.I run VP U 4:4 in it.  It is faster then my 17 with a full Yosh exhaust. I built the 08 from scratch and I have never ridden it with anything but the MRD so it would be hard to say what the difference is over stock or some other brand

WOW...who did the engine?