I'm working on converting the roll route sheet to a proper GPS/GPX route for this Sunday's Michaux Dual Sport.

Has anyone done this before? Some parts are kinda confusing.

Also, if you are a C- or so rider and want to group/time with me, let me know.

You really don't need a gps, MORE does a very good job of marking the route with milage markers that correspond to the route sheet.  I do a lot of gps planning so I know what you are trying to do.  However, I don't think its going to work very well since some of the route is not on the roads that are going to be available in your maps.

I will be riding it with my wife at a very easy pace.  You are welcome to join us if you want....

35 minutes ago, skinny-j said:

I will be riding it with my wife at a very easy pace.  You are welcome to join us if you want....

That would be cool, two other guys are planning to ride with me, also at an easy pace. We plan to meet about 8:00 at the registration and/or tech area. Assuming traffic is not terrible.

I've made a best guess GPS route, using Topo maps that have most of the trails shown. But some places I could not figure out the roll route sheet to GPS correspondence, so its gonna be trust the arrows anyway.

I have never figured out how to use the trip odo feature of my bike's dashboard

I figured out how to use the trip odo on my KTM and its pretty good. Depending on what is counting, I ride 105 or 112 miles over about 6 hours at the 2017 Michaux. The route was supposed to be about 95 miles, so I got lost a few times. Lots of fun. Here is my video, which at 50 minutes is pretty long, but will show folks how the trails actually work. Most of the trails were either "dirt roads" or what I call jeep/atv trails. Two track at least and ridable on dual sport or ADV bikes. In the description on YouTube is a link to the GPS/GPX track

Note: these trails are closed to dirt bikes outside the organized events. Do not take the GPS track and try to follow them on any normal, nice day.

• Like 1