Anyone 49 plus still riding?

Turn 50 in October. Bought my bike in March. Started woods riding from there after a very long layoff. Just started MX. Have 5 moto's under my belt as of last night. As in 5 moto's ever. Do it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

Ok Guys - I'm in.  Beta arrived today.  Safety Gear is here- just need my permit for RAC and I'm good to go.  Hope to meet up with a bunch of you soon.  

Thanks for the push!

Jeff 

IMG_3074.JPG

• Like 4

Looks sweeeet!  I haven't bought a brand new bike in 25years, I'd be afraid to put a scratch on that thing

I don't usually buy anything with a motor new.  Like to see someone else eat the depreciation. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SLVR993 said:

I don't usually buy anything with a motor new.  Like to see someone else eat the depreciation. 

They are only fresh once and I have seen what others do to bikes then pass them off as low hours and well maintained. Buy mine new then take it apart and grease everything and do the suspension and enjoy.

22 hours ago, FITZI6_7 said:

Turn 50 in October. Bought my bike in March. Started woods riding from there after a very long layoff. Just started MX. Have 5 moto's under my belt as of last night. As in 5 moto's ever. Do it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using ThumperTalk mobile app

Halaluya to ya Brother.   PK

11 hours ago, Pittbull said:

I'm just now learning this crazy sport, parked the Husaberg for a while and re-learning to ride...

My hats off to you, Buddy, keep on stroken.   P

k

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slideleft said:

They are only fresh once and I have seen what others do to bikes then pass them off as low hours and well maintained. Buy mine new then take it apart and grease everything and do the suspension and enjoy.

Right on, its nice to know what you've got, then take it out & trash it.   PK

On 9/1/2017 at 2:17 PM, SLVR993 said:

Ok Guys - I'm in.  Beta arrived today.  Safety Gear is here- just need my permit for RAC and I'm good to go.  Hope to meet up with a bunch of you soon.

Mattos, Schaeffer (KTM/Can-AM) and Gap Racing have permits for sale and are open Saturday and outside business hours. Which can be faster than using US Postal Mail.

Now we just need this idiotic rain to go away

Edited by pat22043

Hey Pat - Thanks 

Family commitments have me tied up this weekend and next, but I will be out 16th and / or 17th at RAC as long as its dry.  If my permit hasn't arrived by then I'll stop at one of the above and buy a second one.  I'm dying to get out. I would have had my permit already but the shop said to expect the bike to take 2-3 weeks in shipping and a few more days to prep.  Shipping took 3 days!  Caught me off guard.  Now I just need to get the maps out and figure out where the hell these "parking lots" are to access the trails.  

2 hours ago, SLVR993 said:

Now I just need to get the maps out and figure out where the hell these "parking lots" are to access the trails.  

The trails are unmarked, so it works better if you have someone show you the basics. But I did it just by riding with equally lost buddies.

Check the RAC "info" thread, and if you can't find them, post there and I'll post GPS locations of the three main lots.

Thanks Pat - much appreciated!    I think I'm going to drive up there on Monday morning just to see if I can find the parking areas etc.  This is obviously my first time - any spot you recommend over the others for a rookie.  I'm gonna be all about ease of, finding, parking loading etc.  Since I haven't been on a bike in a while I'm not overly interested in finding the toughest single tracks etc.  

Jeff 

Edited by SLVR993

16 hours ago, SLVR993 said:

Thanks Pat - much appreciated!    I think I'm going to drive up there on Monday morning just to see if I can find the parking areas etc.  This is obviously my first time - any spot you recommend over the others for a rookie.  I'm gonna be all about ease of, finding, parking loading etc.  Since I haven't been on a bike in a while I'm not overly interested in finding the toughest single tracks etc.  

Jeff 

Hey Jeff, know how you feel. On your own it will take a while to figure things out. If this will help, I'm retired & ride during the week. I pick the good days so we don't get rained on as we get a 4 hr. Ride in. Given a choice we'll do Friday to lengthen the weekend. Otherwise Wed. Or Thurs. Will do. If this is of any help, give a shout.   PK

• Like 1

I will definitely take you up on that.  I wanna get out 1 time solo just to check the bike out and get me riding legs back under me a little and then I'll give you a shout.  I really appreciate the offer.  RAC looks awesome in concept but clearly not the easiest place to figure out.  

Thanks 

Jeff 

21 hours ago, SLVR993 said:

I think I'm going to drive up there on Monday morning just to see if I can find the parking areas etc.  This is obviously my first time - any spot you recommend over the others for a rookie.  I'm gonna be all about ease of, finding, parking loading etc.  

I'll be at Darkwater about 10:00 Monday (labor day).

254 Darkwater Ln
Pottsville, PA 17901
40.732054, -76.208482

(do not trust the house number).

White Mitsubish SUV, aluminum trailer with two Orange bikes.

On 8/16/2017 at 6:54 AM, Master Chief XCF said:

I ripped some medium level enduro with a 62 year old from Fall River the other day.  

He was faster than me!   im 39  but only started Ripping 6 mos ago.

WHERE AT I ASSUME YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AN ORGANIZED RACE.

Whoa!  RAC permit arrived today.  Weather permitting my first day back in the dirt will be be next weekend....thanks for the push!  

Just realized with a new bike and new gear I'm gonna look way too shiny - shouldn't last long 

Jeff 

• Like 1