Anyone 49 plus still riding?

On 9/9/2017 at 6:12 PM, SLVR993 said:

Whoa!  RAC permit arrived today.  Weather permitting my first day back in the dirt will be be next weekend....thanks for the push!  

Just realized with a new bike and new gear I'm gonna look way too shiny - shouldn't last long 

Jeff 

Have fun getting dirty.    PK

Yeah buddy.  Love single track all day.  Now at 51 and much extra metal inside.....  KTM rules.

Hey guys... been twistin since I was 15 and still at it ... learned in the woods of SW Ky... and now the mtns. & desert of Utah. I'll turn 68 next month. I've had to tone it down a notch or two and ain't quite as fast...but still enjoy the dirt. Kudos to all and just keep at it.

My ole steed...don't let it fool ya...1982 XR200R w/86' refurbed CR front end + disc brake and 86' XR250R Pro-Action tuned rear shock...somewhere around 12 in front and 11+ in rear. Perfect for putsin' around. Cheers...

XR new legs2.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm 61 and ride a yz250 two stroke here in MD & in WV, and a 525 exc four stroke in Peru (annually...) and it's simply a matter of staying fit. If you tire of that 230, just move up to a 250 and enjoy the advantages of the new technology in suspension, control and engine flexibility. You'll fall down far less often, particularly in any mud you encounter. Even consider a 350 four stroke, you are plenty strong. Good luck and have fun for the next 20 years.

Turned 75 this month and still riding dual sport.

Mostly New England wood roads. Don't ride like a nut like I did when I was thirty,

but I just can't get away from woods riding, even though I tried.

2 hours ago, ctoldie said:

Turned 75 this month and still riding dual sport.

Mostly New England wood roads. Don't ride like a nut like I did when I was thirty,

but I just can't get away from woods riding, even though I tried.

There is a small group of us that ride during the week. At Burme Rd. Or Darkwater. You are welcome to join us. We usually get there at about 8:00 &ride til 12:00-1:00. Give a shout.   PK

5 hours ago, pek said:

There is a small group of us that ride during the week. At Burme Rd. Or Darkwater. You are welcome to join us. We usually get there at about 8:00 &ride til 12:00-1:00. Give a shout.   PK

Would love to, but you're in Maryland and I'm in CT.

Thanks for the invite.

Dude! I’m 61 and still riding dez, woods, and single track on a CR500. Get back into it brother, what could go wrong??

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ctoldie said:

Would love to, but you're in Maryland and I'm in CT.

Thanks for the invite.

My oversight, but maybe someday. Play it safe.   PK

Just turned 50 and looking for a new bike. Its been over 25 years since I last rode on dirt, but hope to be on a new dirt bike by end of October.

Any suggestions are welcome.

15 hours ago, Thumper696 said:

Just turned 50 and looking for a new bike. Its been over 25 years since I last rode on dirt, but hope to be on a new dirt bike by end of October.

If your drivers license allows it, I would suggest something street-legal, it's very convenient and you'll get a lot more seat time 

13 hours ago, Thumper696 said:

Yamaha

Well I'm officially middle age now. Turned 50 this week. Hope I got many more years and trails to go! 

• Like 1