Tennessee Knockout (CRAZY!)

Nice! Saw you out there, I said "hi Zack"

Here's my video from the race. How did you finish!? It was my first time, too.

I was very excited and nervous coming into the race. I had tried to attend last year, but wound up backing out due to buying a new house that weekend. I told myself to take it easy, slow and careful in the first Knockout. I knew that just finishing strong without spending much time upside down, should be enough to get me to the next round. This was true, as I kept moving along despite several hangups, and avoided becoming one of the ~100 DNF's in that round. The top 125 of 220 would move on to the next round, and I finished around 104th

I started Knockout #2 at a quicker pace than the first round. I felt good and felt I'd learned a lot in the first round that I could bring to the next. Turns out I also brought a bunch of fatigue from the first round. I wound up stuck on a rocky climb, and then simultaneously broke off my silencer, bent my shifter, and pissed my pants. After that, I was in survival mode and jetted back down the mountain at the next fire road.

I have to say, I had a few points in this race where I wondered "why the hell am I doing this", but I definitely plan to return to finish this race stronger next year. My goal would be to make the big show on Sunday.

I decided for the sake of time I would just timelapse the last 20 minutes or so of suffering. If I find the time, I should make a more amusing edit of said suffering...

Edited by mellephants
  • Like 1

The three riders from Kauai, Hawaii ( a small island in Hawaii) were in the final 15. Two came through the amateur division and ended up overall 10th Grayson Gonsalves and 11th Kealoha Estrella, privateers that had no industry support. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gelston said:

The three riders from Kauai, Hawaii ( a small island in Hawaii) were in the final 15. Two came through the amateur division and ended up overall 10th Grayson Gonsalves and 11th Kealoha Estrella, privateers that had no industry support. 

So any video ?? The other guys were top 30 something too right?? That's hard riding!! People don't know what a tiny tiny place Kauai is in the world and for a few riders to go to race and do so well against top competition in the world is impressive.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Watched ZA1 vid last night will watch mellephants tonight. Good stuff!