Quieting Down my 2015 YZ250F

Hey guys,

After being away from the sport for about 8 or so years I picked up a 2015 yz250f. I love the bike so far, but have been looking in to making a few changes. I've found the bend of the stock bars a bit low/awkward (I'm 6'3"), so I went ahead and ordered a taller set to hopefully address that.

The other thing I wouldn't mind changing about the bike is the exhaust note. It seems to be quite loud and "barky" to me, especially for a stock system. I'm very lucky to have a decent bit of land to ride on at home, and while as a teenager I would have loved the noise, I'm now more concerned with pissing off the neighbors. I tried to do some searching in the forum, and it seemed like most people were recommending the fmf q4 and yoshimura rs-4. I have no bias when it comes to either brand, and they are priced similarly. Are these silencers pretty similar in db ratings? Any other systems I should be looking at? Lastly, I'm guessing no tuning changes need to be made with just a slip on, correct?

Thanks!

The RS4 is about 6db quieter than stock, if i remember correctly. Its not as throaty or barky, but def quieter

No tunings changes needed

• Like 1

I have the Q4 on my WR. Nice pipe that is reasonably quiet.

If you want really quiet, get a take off from a 2015 - on WR and remove the insert. This will reduce power and require an ECU map change.

• Like 1