So about a month ago I installed vforce4 reeds after my vforce 3's broke. I measured and the 4's have a bigger cage which means more air flow and power. I noticed more top end. However I also notice to to be spooging more than before. I thought it would be running leaner with the more air flow im getting, but it seems to be the other way around.

If anyone is running vforce4 reeds on their 300, could you please tell me your jetting?

I'm at about 1750 feet elevation and 70 degrees.

Current jetting is 38 pilot, 168 main, 4th needle position from top, and red JD needle. Air screw is 1 turn out.

Thanks in advance

2009 300xcw:

vForce 4 reeds; 162m 38p N3EJ at 2nd position AS 1.5ish turns out.

Mine spooges as well, probably due to my riding style as I'm rarely on the pipe. Running 60:1 w/Motorex

• Like 1

2009 300xcw:
vForce 4 reeds; 162m 38p N3EJ at 2nd position AS 1.5ish turns out.
Mine spooges as well, probably due to my riding style as I'm rarely on the pipe. Running 60:1 w/Motorex

Mines an 09 xc. I always like to get on the pipe to clean it out but that's not really needed lol. Thanks for the reply

15 hours ago, Nick_ktm said:

So about a month ago I installed vforce4 reeds after my vforce 3's broke. I measured and the 4's have a bigger cage which means more air flow and power. I noticed more top end. However I also notice to to be spooging more than before. I thought it would be running leaner with the more air flow im getting, but it seems to be the other way around.

If anyone is running vforce4 reeds on their 300, could you please tell me your jetting?

I'm at about 1750 feet elevation and 70 degrees.

Current jetting is 38 pilot, 168 main, 4th needle position from top, and red JD needle. Air screw is 1 turn out.

Thanks in advance

spooge is a product of rich jetting

if jetted correctly you should have zero spooge 

pre mix oil choice plays a big part as well

jd red in clip 4 at your temps and elevation seems to rich to me

• Like 1

spooge is a product of rich jetting
if jetted correctly you should have zero spooge 
pre mix oil choice plays a big part as well
jd red in clip 4 at your temps and elevation seems to rich to me

I'm mixing amsoil interceptor @ 50:1. I know I could go 60:1, I just feel better with 50:1. And should i move the needle up a spot or 2? I was thinking of trying that

i would try needle in clip three and confirm the air screw setting is correct for highest idle and just a bit in from there 

i would try needle in clip three and confirm the air screw setting is correct for highest idle and just a bit in from there 

Ok I'll try that out. Thanks

I was having the same issue at sea level. With the occasional trip to high elevation I was so tired of re jetting my bike so I put a lectron 38mm on it and HOLY SHIT NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE also I just replaced my 3'S with 4's and it came alive. If you can afford the coin go with a lectron no jets just a metering rod. 

02 ktm 300 mxc

IMG_20170806_172344_683.jpg

• Like 1

I was having the same issue at sea level. With the occasional trip to high elevation I was so tired of re jetting my bike so I put a lectron 38mm on it and HOLY SHIT NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE also I just replaced my 3'S with 4's and it came alive. If you can afford the coin go with a lectron no jets just a metering rod. 
02 ktm 300 mxc
IMG_20170806_172344_683.thumb.jpg.509cacf42ff33060179419731b15a2eb.jpg

Nice bike man! Ive done a lot of research on the lectrons and they are great carbs! Is there any reason you went with the 38 over the 36mm? Ive heard the 38's take away a little of the low end power. Is that true?
I'd love to get one someday, but don't really wanna spend the money on it now
  • Like 1

I want with the 38mm because that what was on my bike a pwk38. And honestly I've noticed more torque when not on the pipe since the swap. And way better fuel efficiency seems like the thing sips rather than gulps the only adjustment I had to do was raise the idle a quarter turn when I got starts first kick even after sitting. I don't know if the new reeds play a part in the low end also but I'm sure it is a contributing factor I hope you get it right. The lectron was 421 from slavens racing they are good people.

• Like 1

I want with the 38mm because that what was on my bike a pwk38. And honestly I've noticed more torque when not on the pipe since the swap. And way better fuel efficiency seems like the thing sips rather than gulps the only adjustment I had to do was raise the idle a quarter turn when I got starts first kick even after sitting. I don't know if the new reeds play a part in the low end also but I'm sure it is a contributing factor I hope you get it right. The lectron was 421 from slavens racing they are good people.

Nice that's awesome. I bet the new reeds helped with the low end. I think mine did. I definitely want a lectron someday

Maybe, the difference in airflow isnt enough to cause you to lean out the bike? Seems a good running, well jetted 2-t will always spooge a little...no big deal...
Have you been consistent with your premix ratio in your fuel? Using less oil means more gas which makes it richer and increases spooging.

Maybe, the difference in airflow isnt enough to cause you to lean out the bike? Seems a good running, well jetted 2-t will always spooge a little...no big deal...
Have you been consistent with your premix ratio in your fuel? Using less oil means more gas which makes it richer and increases spooging.

It actually seemed to run richer after the 4's. Doesn't really make sense but whatever. I leaned out my needle a clip and it really helped. I always mix 50:1 amsoil. It burns really clean. I don't mind a little spooge like now. But it was a lot before I leaned the needle