Silly Season

Bowman;

Milsaps to Yamaha; is this to help Coop learn bike set up?

Barcia to Red Bull KTM; I heard this is not as done as some think.

Tickle to Red Bull; this is why Barcia is not a lock, Tickle is 

Where is Martin going? He was great this year!

Why is Martin riding a 250 next season? To develop the new bike? Will him and Craig make up a new 450 team with the Roc out?

Pieck stays! 

I am going to say this upfront; I still don't think ET is putting it all together, I still think Mooseskin with the exception of confidence and mistakes, is looking to me to be putting the puzzle pieces together the best for a run next year.

Anything else?

• Like 3

My suspicion with ET is that he is under extreme pressure to not throw away this season with an injury. So much so that it effects his ability to get into that zone he is capable of. I suspect with him that zone is a narrow one. 

The Moose seems obvious to me. I see this coming for a while now. His bomb proof stance on the bike will result in a consistent podiums and unless ET can get more consistent than yes MM seems like the likely winner.

That said I was watching MM last few races and I hate to say it BUT I suspect he is due for a dirt nap.....I know that may sound ridiculous and I hope Im wrong but if he strays from his goal to settler for a second this season I can see him takin a big one in a heated battle with ET. I know this doesn't fit with his smooth consistent performances of late but.....

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lowmass said:

My suspicion with ET is that he is under extreme pressure to not throw away this season with an injury. So much so that it effects his ability to get into that zone he is capable of. I suspect with him that zone is a narrow one. 

The Moose seems obvious to me. I see this coming for a while now. His bomb proof stance on the bike will result in a consistent podiums and unless ET can get more consistent than yes MM seems like the likely winner.

That said I was watching MM last few races and I hate to say it BUT I suspect he is due for a dirt nap.....I know that may sound ridiculous and I hope Im wrong but if he strays from his goal to settler for a second this season I can see him takin a big one in a heated battle with ET. I know this doesn't fit with his smooth consistent performances of late but.....

Based on his round 1 get together with Eli?

He might but so might Eli. Moose Skin needs to lay a few orange stripes on bikes. Whats scares me was his get off at The Wick. He has to get his head on straight.

1 hour ago, jz125 said:

Bowman;

Milsaps to Yamaha; is this to help Coop learn bike set up?

Barcia to Red Bull KTM; I heard this is not as done as some think.

Tickle to Red Bull; this is why Barcia is not a lock, Tickle is 

Where is Martin going? He was great this year!

Why is Martin riding a 250 next season? To develop the new bike? Will him and Craig make up a new 450 team with the Roc out?

Pieck stays! 

I am going to say this upfront; I still don't think ET is putting it all together, I still think Mooseskin with the exception of confidence and mistakes, is looking to me to be putting the puzzle pieces together the best for a run next year.

Anything else?

I'm not sure wjy tje Millsaps rumor to Yamaha keeps popping up, there is no contract there, they are just talking. There are some things with Millsaps that I can't talk about, just know that he does not have a ride yet.

Barcia to KTM is not done yet, some want him, some dont. The negotiations continue.

Tickle is signed at KTM.

Martin will be on Hondas again, he will be in the second year of a two-year contract. He will be on a 250 indoors and probably a 450 out. 

Not sure who the sevond JGR rider will be, the rumor is Bogel. 

EDIT.  Millsaps future will depend heavily on how he does the last few Nationals that he rides.

Edited by GBowman
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, jz125 said:

Based on his round 1 get together with Eli?

He might but so might Eli. Moose Skin needs to lay a few orange stripes on bikes. Whats scares me was his get off at The Wick. He has to get his head on straight.

No its more a gut feeling on the type and frequency of mistakes MM has been making for a while now. You have to dig into vids to notice and I certanly could be full of hot air here but as I say its just a gut feel

and yes Eli could too but he seems to be in conservative mode

Edited by lowmass

9 hours ago, GBowman said:

Millsaps future will depend heavily on how he does the last few Nationals that he rides.

even if he shows up, which I doubt, a contract based on those results would be stupid. Davi did surprisingly well in Supercross considering his injuries. If he had been healthy he might have been a threat to win one or two rounds. Not returning him on a KTM or Husky is also crazy. I expect him to take Canard's ride.....if they decide to fill the spot otherwise to remain on a satellite team at least for Supercross.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GBowman said:

I'm not sure wjy tje Millsaps rumor to Yamaha keeps popping up, there is no contract there, they are just talking. There are some things with Millsaps that I can't talk about, just know that he does not have a ride yet.

Barcia to KTM is not done yet, some want him, some dont. The negotiations continue.

Tickle is signed at KTM.

Martin will be on Hondas again, he will be in the second year of a two-year contract. He will be on a 250 indoors and probably a 450 out. 

Not sure who the sevond JGR rider will be, the rumor is Bogel. 

EDIT.  Millsaps future will depend heavily on how he does the last few Nationals that he rides.

Read it in RacerX, made it seem like it was a lock to me.

The whole Martin thing i don't understand. He stated over and over he was 1 year on the 250, i thought you echo'd that. What happened? The new 250F?

10 hours ago, jz125 said:

Read it in RacerX, made it seem like it was a lock to me.

The whole Martin thing i don't understand. He stated over and over he was 1 year on the 250, i thought you echo'd that. What happened? The new 250F?

Millsaps? Maybe it is a lock and I just haven't heard.  

Martin from everything I hear will be on a 450 outdoors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GBowman said:

It has been confirmed to me today, that yes Martin will be on a 250 all year.

All I heard is he was moving up, what happened?

Performance? New 250? Roc leaving? Something

RedBull KTM has Musquin and Tickle locked in. Decoster has already said he wants to go back to a 2 rider team for 18 at least so thats probably the wrench in the whole Barcia deal. 

JGR should look very similar unless KTM just has to have Barcia and a 3rd 450 opens up. That makes it Peick and Philthy are for sure back. Thats why only Peick's dirt scooter is the one featured in all the new RMZ/Team Yosh release stuff. Bogle is the one in line to take the extra 450 should Barcia head elsewhere. The other 250 besides Phil isnt a lock either unless ive missed something. Maybe BshellyUh? 

HRC supposedly is the one driving Martin on a 250 for one more year even though he was supposed to go to the big bike for '18. They still see him as the best bet for a title. 

Edited by StretchASU
  • Like 1