So I'm having a hell of a time setting up my bike after some fairly minor modifications... Here it is, new youshimura (full system) air box opened up as per the instructions on the JD Racing jet kit I installed, new K&N air filter ( power bowl) not yet installed, waiting to get bike turned as I sits now . 

So bike runs perty good till you get to top end and than it's blubbering unless I jet down to a 145 but Jd says to run a 165 . BTW I'm at 900 ft. Above sea level 50-85 degrees. I also get a lot of carbon on spark plug with the larger jets . I've looked at the data base on here just to compare my setup not sure where I'm going wrong!!!!!!

Remove the K&N filter and put in a proper foam filter.  

Prove to yourself this is the problem by un-seating the filter and doing a test run.

Edited by THE KRAN

Ok will be making test run this weekend with foam filter and few other mods . What's deal with the screen? Keep it/ cut it out? Been looking through the database here and it's split for the most part 

11 hours ago, Topjimmy1973 said:

Ok will be making test run this weekend with foam filter and few other mods . What's deal with the screen? Keep it/ cut it out? Been looking through the database here and it's split for the most part 

It has a purpose, to prevent back fire fires. If you use a non-petroleum based filter oil (No Toil) you drastically reduce the risk.

If you have a perfectly jetting carb, keep the fuel treated at all times, and adjust your fuel screw properly, it will never back fire or flame out, and then you can take advantage of the 5% increase in low rpm throttle response the screen removal gives you........

Nice!! It definitely clears things up., just don't get the hole k&n not being any good on this bike . Had many toys throughout the years and k&n have been a constant. O well!! Thanks for the advice!