What bike for freeride/all around

Hey guys sorry for the multiple posts asking opinions on which bike I should get but It's been 4-5 years since I've been on a bike and I'm a bit rusty and any help is appreciated.
I think I've found what kind of riding i want to do. Ive been wanting to find and hit natural terrain jumps like Twitch and the boys do in "Chasing the storm 2" (or any other freeride mx video, and obviously not as big at first) I also want to learn to hit freestyle ramps sometimes, as well as the occasional mx track buddy races and woods rides with my buddies on utility atvs but I don't know which bike to get. I've owned an 09 yz250 and a 2010 250sx and I kinda wanted to go the 2 stroke route again with a 2017 Husqvarna TX300, but I was also thinking about a fx450 or 350, or a 2017 kx450 as I've never owned a 4 stroke but I'm wondering if it would be more power than I need although I do love the torque and broad powerband.
I'm torn between the tx300 and the kx450, I would also consider a tc250 or yz250, any suggestions?

If jumping is your main focus I'd still with a 2 stroke. 4 strokes are heavier in the air thanks to the gyroscopic effect of the additional rotating shafts. The TX 300 is an endure, you'd be better off with a TC250 unless you plan on having the suspension revalved.

As far as freestyle ramps, I have a steel ramp that I built from the Distler Bros. plans that were on the net back around 2000. I never liked the way a 4 stroke wants to endo if you let go of the throttle. You get used to it and learn to compensate but my YZ250 and CR250 were a lot more fun to jump than my YZ250F.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

I'm considering a tc250 and getting a 300 kit for it, more torque and about the same weight as the tx300, minus the big tank and electric start

• Like 1

The only 2 stroke I've owned was a 2010 ktm 250 sx and I only rode it about 10 times before I sold it. I never got super used to to so I never hit big jumps on it but I did find a 2 stroke weirder for hitting jumps. I sold that and got a 2014 yz450f and was way more comfortable on it within the first half hour. I recently just sold that and bought a new 17 kx450f and I feel even more comfortable and confident on that. I find 4 strokes better for jump and freeriding just because if you got a short run up or a technical set of jumps it will get better torque and traction for the take off

tc250 is close ratio 5 speed. tx300 is 6 speed. suspension is basically the same with some small valving changes. they both have the air forks. id go with the TX300 if i was doing that stuff. i love the TE300 but i mostly do woods and trails